Large copper panda medal / coins

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by low, Apr 14, 2012.

1. low

low New Member

Hi,

A noob question here.

I received the NGC graded 1991 10th anniversary copper panda medal yesterday. It is such a beautiful medal. I have never seen an NGC oversized holder before. Wow! It was like holding a mini ipad. I really love the large medal.

My question is: what are the other large size copper panda medal or coins available?

2. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

Glad to see that your are enjoying the large coins Low ... I agree they are very impressive ! I just got my 1991 back as well (the one I bought raw from cepe6po) and was happy to see a MS65.

NGC census shows 6 total graded with three 65's and three 67's ... I now have two of these and loving them !

Actually there are several large copper/bronze/brass medals ... I bought several from boybluejay on ebay as he usually has a nice assortment and some that are first time NGC submissions.

cepe6po has also had some very nice large medals and the ones that I bought from him were in awesome condition and have submitted for grading.

I am not an expert with these copper/bronze medals but from checking the census on many of them ... they dont appear to grade very high but remember, these grades are given through a loupe.

To the naked eye these medals are simple amazing and look perfect so enjoy them ... I think that since you have one there will be more to follow :cool:

3. серебро

серебро New Member

There is also a group of 2001 medals they are 120mm very impressive I will fish out one of the silver plated I have and post some pics. There are also a gold plated and a plain copper variety but very hard to find. Each variety has a mintage of 1000, made at the Shanghai mint

4. low

low New Member

Thanks comeaux and c.

Bought mine from boybluejay. MS65. I can understand why it receive this grade. It has a couple of minor contact mark outside of focal area and some slightly discoloration (maybe some friction wear) on the great wall.

These "problem" work so well on this copper medal and the discoloration really add the "antique" feel. Hahaha. Though it will looks horrible on silver medal.

Yes I am hoping to add more.

5. Anthony

Anthony New Member

This thread needs pics!!

6. серебро

серебро New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1991 10th anniversary copper panda medal

7. серебро

серебро New Member

I looked for 3 nights in a row for the 20001 medals, only to find out my used to be better half (hope she doesnt read this lol) has given them to my nephews. Not happy:(