Labor have killed the economy.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Aug 22, 2013.

1. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Just got off long phone call with an older friend.... We were talking about how bad business is going at the moment with many putting people off and many closing down etc....Its really looking like Labor has driven the economy off a cliff over the last six years....If they get it again i'm really not sure just how bad things are really going to get....its scary???

2. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sorry I have to disagree I believe if the libs get in the MASSIVE cuts to everything will screw the economy much harder that anything labor has done

JUst look at what newman has dont up here, if Abbot gets in we all loose

3. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As is almost always the case, Labor wreck the economy and the Libs come back in to clean up the mess. Queensland is back from the brink now due to Newman, hopefully Abbott will also cut profligate spending and all of the public service upper management "reward jobs for the union boys" that Labor has instated, along with all of the extra pointless bureaucracies that they set up for the same reason. Abbott needs to get in and make deep cuts to the government and public service to let the private sector start creating jobs and prosperity again.

Bring on the cuts and the fiscal sanity again. I am tired of Labor and the unions trashing the private sector, they are a sheltered workshop of Fiscal Pygmies.

4. Shaddam IV

You might lose, but the country will win.

5. Court Jester

I thing you will regret wishing that that in the very near future. The 75 billion dollar black hole he has created will need to be filled. With deep cuts, job losses and tax increases. You think the economy is in the toilet now even with the increased spending from labor just wait till the libs get in and cut slash and burn and the wheels come off the wagon.

6. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Abbott is a spender Court Jester, don't worry, if he gets in he'll screw up the economy as effectively as the other side. He's weak as piss. None of the parties have the stomach to implement the type of economic reform that is required - and for that matter - neither does the electorate, including the majority of members of this forum. Are you one of those members CJ? ;)

7. Court Jester

yep. If he raised the GST I would also be on here bitching.

One good thing at least is he will cut off the government handouts to the car industry. The bleeding needs to stop.

8. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I will win too.

9. Shaddam IV

How did Abbot create a 75 billion dollar black hole? He isn't in government. Did you hear that on the ABC? The actual government did however create a genuine 270 billion dollar deficit during a mining boom. We are borrowing almost 3 billion dollars a month. You really want more of this?

And, no I won't regret wishing for a fiscally responsible government that will stop profligate spending. You are making things up: If the Liberals win they will do Blah Blah. You have no idea what they will do, you are just repeating the union/left media propaganda. On the other hand we have had years of seeing what Labor ACTUALLY do, and it is a disaster for the private sector and for jobs. They brought Qantas to it's knees, we lost Ford on their watch, businesses are laying off staff and moving offshore, FWA is a joke. I guess if you are on welfare you might find a man like Tony Abbott with a degree in economics somewhat frightening though.

10. Court Jester

I m sorry you are wrong I live in QLD and have seen first hand what a liberal government is capiable of doing

Abbot is going to cut funding entierly to the car industry there is 0% chance if he does this that holden and toyota will stay manufacturing here.

and yes he has not gotten in yet but when he does ( and I am a realist afterall -- the writing is on the wall for Rudd ) that 75 billion black hole will become a rality. Where do yo thik he will get the money to fund his prmises. It does not take a genius to figure it out

Scrap carbon tax -- but keep compensation
    remove mining tax
    "direct action climate change plan" -- that costs almost as much as the carbon tax
    overly generous paid maternity leave -- pad for with a tax increase

he has allready announced some of the pain he will inflict on us to fill some of these gaps but there is much much much more to come that he will "announce" after the election like Newman blaming the old gov for the "mess" that they couldnt see before the election and have to "make drastic changes"

You are bitching ain your other thread about the "pillars" of society being retail. Well how do you think tose "pillars" will stand with the slashing cutting and burning that abbot and his cronoies will do ( tax increases, huge spending cuts, and massive job cuts and layoffs )

11. mmm....shiney!

Step 1 is raise the GST.

Actually Step 1 is get rid of all governments but that won't happen so we have to go with Step 1 Plan B.

12. mmm....shiney!

Me too, hasn't made one ounce of difference to my life though. And things seem to be the same, except we don't see Transport dept inspectors like we used to, which is good.

13. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

I can't help but notice all the profit announcements in the stock market are way down. Of course some are doing well like the big 4 banks, but the list of companies with decreased profits for the year is anecdotaly huge.

14. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Politics again!

15. volrathy

volrathy Active Member

QLD isnt in pain because of liberal cutting public sector spending.
    Its in pain because 2 years ago they had a $10 billion drop in GDP because of the floods.
    Then they got smacked around by live export bans
    Then they got hit again via falling commodity prices
    Then they got hit again via increased taxes on those failing commodity prices.
    Labor screwed QLD over and destroyed their credit rating

The public spending cuts had to happen

16. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Got any fact's or figures to back up your hysteria ? If you want to talk about a screwed economy take a real hard look at the last six years before you harp on about Labour's scary bedtimes storys.

17. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The same Treasury that has forecast the last six years, Year, six months, ?

18. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Looking at the Australian debt clock, Qld is still in the black..QIC has over $70 billion dollars in investments..Some even in NSW and Vic. Qld has a funded super fund for state public servants unlike some of the other state who have spent their public servants super contributions.

Whether it be Lib or Labor, when the floods hit, help of a great magnitude is required..During the floods a lot of open cut coal mines were inundated for a couple of months where no income was forthcoming to the Qld Government. Tourism also takes a major hit. Look what cyclone Yarsie did to NQ.

Nature doesn't take sides when it comes to floods.. Lets hope we don't get another this year.

Qld is bouncing back not because of the MP's but because we are QUEENSLANDERS!!!!!! :) You don't need a licence either. :D

Regards Errol 43

19. Shaddam IV

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...-plant-shutdowns/story-fn9qr68y-1226702474062

You were saying...?

20. Court Jester

so what
    ford had allready announced they were leaving well before that change