KrugerRand 2017 silver First Batch

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Razz, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Razz

Razz Member

i still got some Rands of the first batch does anybody would like to share his thoughts if this version will raise in value attached a foto of the 2 coins left is the first batch . kruger  test.jpg

Ronnie 666 likes this.
  2. barneyrubble

barneyrubble Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not buying any of those at inflated prices.

4. SilverSiren

SilverSiren Active Member

The "PU" silver krugerrands could have been such a hot series, but greedy short-sited dealers have pretty much destroyed 99% of the interest. So it's possible that the V1 of the "PU" may command a premium years from now after the bad taste is out of everyone's mouth but in the short-term I wouldn't count on it. We are soon going to start seeing 2018 coins coming out and I think it's reasonable to assume all the dealers wanting $50 each for the 2017 silver "PU" krugerrands are sitting on most of their allotment. I think most people have moved on from all this now, even when prices predictably come down to more realistic levels, a significant percentage of the people initially excited about these may not even want to bother with them now, turned off by all the hype and gouging. I am still LOLing at this situation, how dumb do you have to be to screw such a sure thing up? MCM Marketing should all be fired :D

tater likes this.
  5. Annie

Annie New Member

I prefer buying bullion (coins, bars, or rounds) to me silver is silver and I want to accumulate ounces for as low premium as possible. I want my money I have to invest going toward the metal and not the premium.

SilvaMozzie and paruwka like this.
  6. TomD

TomD Member

There is absolutely nothing to a silver Krug minted in the millions that would even begin to make me think it is worth spot + $30-$40.

SilverSiren likes this.
  7. whay

whay Well-Known Member

I consider buying it if priced in the range of ASE, milky maples and Phila. (no yearly design change govmint coins)

SilverSiren likes this.
  8. Annie

Annie New Member

I was speaking with someone the other day and they bought a 1991 MS-70 American Silver Eagle for $6,248, a couple years ago. That absolutely blew my mind, who would pay that for an ounce of silver? Am I missing something? At the end of the day, you still just have 1 ounce of silver.

9. whay

whay Well-Known Member

I am sure many would(me included), IF they are certain of flipping it next week for a 100% gain. (like BTC). Sure beat waiting for years for metal price to move up enough to cover the premium. :cool: