Kooks now under $25

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by SilverDJ, Aug 10, 2018.

1. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Haven't looked at Kook prices for a long time now and was surprised to see them now available for under AU$25 in 100 qty. When was the last time they were this low?

2. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's been that way for a while. The last two year designs have been very average imo, but it always surprises me when i see 2011 coins sell for $25 as i think that design is very nice.

3. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree about the past two years design - the 2016 however is my favourite

As for the 2011 there's clearly a lot of them circulating because they seem to be most liquidated and therefore cheaper

I didn't mind it initially but as silly as it might sound I've grown to not really like it anymore because of how many of them are circulating on the secondary market - just not desirable at all for me anymore

4. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ill love to know why, as 2011 and above all had a 500k mintage. Did someone buy up like 100k 2011 coins and then had to sell for spot price due to some rush for money? I remember KJC buying a heap for spot price and then selling them cheap.

I guess when you need a lot of money fast, premium coins are pointless. A good reason why people should not buy too many premium collectable coins.

barsenault likes this.