Keep Buying Silver - that's the "expert" advice

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Photonaware, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

Read this article today -

Still Buying Silver

There has been a lot going on in the investment world lately, let me get you caught up.

I have urged my subscribers to buy silver for some time now. Silver has gone absolutely nuts lately. All the publicity has been about gold, but gold has done nothing compared to what silver is doing.

Gold has been diddling somewhere around $1,400 an ounce (up from $300 an ounce when I turned bullish). Silver hit $30 on Monday which is up from $12 an ounce from $30 when I became bullish.

I believe silver will explode for years, and we ain't seen nothin yet! If you who bought silver coins trying to build your estate, you will do very well indeed.

Although gold gets all the publicity and I write a lot about gold, that doesn't mean that's what I want you to buy. The average person can't afford to pay over $1,400 an ounce for gold, but can pay $30 an ounce for silver.

Stock up on silver now. Go to your local coin dealer, or to the Recommended Dealers listed on my website (www.rufftimes.com). Yes! Kitco is on the list!

My main concern is to get you through the uncertain, difficult times ahead in good shape. If things continue their present course, the world will have more difficulties than any of us bargained for.

I don't know how long that will last. I only know that it will last a while, and silver will protect you. I will let you know when it's time to take profits. We may hold our silver for many years to come.

In any event, buy silver now and commit to buying more as long as it in a decent price range. Up to $100 an ounce is that price range.

By Howard Ruff

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Please quote a paragraph, and a link to the source article rather than a cut&paste of the entire article - thanks. Can create copyright issues for the forum.

3. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

What are you doing up at 3.43AM GP ???

4. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

His in the US, so its probably day time.

Slam

5. Guest

Guest Guest

He's in the US atm Matthew.

Back on topic, the 'expert' advice is correct. I'm buying now as I was buying a year ago and will be buying in another year. Cost average is my plan and my belief in the long term fundamentals of silver make it a value investment whether it's at $20, $30, $50 or $100+

Keep stackin'

6. Terry88

Terry88 Member

Timely read. As a newbie I've watched the Silver spot price fall from $30 to $28.75. Was getting worried and wondering why the fall? Anyhow, happy to keep buying that 1oz Silver to Dollar Average :)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Silver bounces around a lot. You get used to it.

Look at the 10 year chart and watch the longer term trend for silver, it's more obvious where it's headed then.

8. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When it goes down think of silver being on sale :), stack while you can.

Slam

9. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Inflation adjusted,Silver 'should be' somewhere between $50 and $75 - anything cheaper is good buying IMO

Ag

10. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I traced that article and he has some good advice, including:
    http://www.rufftimes.com/

(links to each of these)

The 10 Ruffonomics Principles
    (click on each principle for more)

Be A Maverick Investor
    (more information on gold and silver)

Believe In Capitalism And The Free Market

Avoid Consumer Debt

Fire Your Orthodox Financial Advisor

Become Self Sufficient - Independent Of The Government

Consider Becoming An Entrepreneur

Unite Your Family

Live An Old Fashioned, Moral Life

I Love My Country, But Fear And Distrust My Government

Be An Optimist

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the link Julie, that's a great site!

I know a lot of people who could really use a crash course in Principled Living.

I especially liked the component Live An Old Fashioned, Moral Life

Amazing how many folks nowadays have completely abandoned this ideal. My kids are the foundation of my life and I make many sacrifices for them, but with so many parents being lured in now with a $5k bribe to expand Big Australia and pay for the aging boomers, you see so many heart breaking stories where the kids a being mistreated after the 5k is spent and reality sets in. The social rammifications of this cannot possibly be measured until later on, but I am pretty sure it won't be good for many kids out there.

12. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

i checked the old-fashioned religious-based principles of behavior and couldnt find the part about clearing the land by slaughtering thousands of native american indians ... hmmm ... the family's spiritual strength is our pride and joy - the smith and weston ... hmmmm ....
    oh well ... its a start ... :|

Pa i think we need some black slaves ...

always room for improvement :)

13. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

years i was encouraged to do a course and be a financial advisor and make a six figure salary ...

i didnt want to be part of 666 :O

14. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

The NYC banksters have killed more ppl than Texans and Alabamans could ever do.

15. JulieW

I think there's a very wide gulf between being a mindless sheep directed by a religious 'leader' and having a moral compass that accords with, or is inspired by religious concepts or teachings. The morality lessons came first, the religions came after.

For instance there are some very interesting treatises on how 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' managed to become "Thou Shalt Not Kill anyone who is fighting the just war you are"

The single largest problem that modern society has is the promotion of greed - greed for money and greed for self, exemplified by modern advertising.

Make everyone dissatisfied with what they have and you have corrupted the basis of society. Now people must have ambition to climb to the top of the pile despite the consequences or they are considered 'losers'... any son of a carpenter must now aspire to own a construction business rather than work at what he loves, and enjoy his time on earth with his family and doing good work.

I shudder every time I hear the words 'god' in speech. Now I realise it is just a catchword mimed mindlessly by people with no concept of what it means. That doesn't negate my appreciation of the true meaning of 'god'.

Stephen Hawking sold 10 million copies of his 'Brief History of Time' book and maybe 5 readers knew what he was actually saying. I propose that the best selling St James Bible is a similar phenomenon along with all the other collected writings of religious figures.

16. PerthStack

PerthStack Member

Exactly!
    Just the same way that the US punished Saddam for killing 150,00 of his citizens, by killing another 150,000 of his citizens.
    I just can't believe how many apologistst there are for the US, and it's actions. Murderous, brain dead arseholes.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Nerd alert here, but I'll raise a sheepish hand.

I own this book and understand it.

Physics was my best subject when I was studying and I majored in Astrophysics, Nuclear physics and the Theory of Relativity. When I did the HSC a long ways back, I ranked top 2% of the state in Astrophysics too, I was well on the path to going into Astronomy as a career path when I left, but alas, life got in the way.

Now I fix computers for a living, not because it's my life dream, but because I'm good at it and need to put food on the table.

I'm sure many of us have a similar story of having dreams put by the wayside in order to survive or having bigger priorities.

*shrugs*

18. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

I think that this is going off-topic and generalising a bit.

*edit* referring to the gun etc talk

19. JulieW

AusPM I admire your grasp. If only I could have read past chapter 5!

As for the Religious thing: this sums it up I think. Supposedly in response to a religious radio show host using biblical references to support her prejudices

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination ... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
    5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

It was also done well on West Wing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1-ip47WYWc

20. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

I think you mean the King James Bible, as it is widely known in the US, or the Authorised Version (1611) as it is known through the Commonwealth.