karatbars

Discussion in 'Gold' started by backjack, Aug 31, 2015.

1. backjack

backjack New Member

Hi

Im looking into different forms of entering the pm market from coins to bullions and what i heard about recently, karatbars.

What do people think about karatbars?

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

3. backjack

backjack New Member

LOL NO!

I heard about it on a radio show.

4. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Buy local products , I haven't even bothered looking at the link

5. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

If I remember correctly from the meeting, the presentation contained so many erroneous facts, I lost count. It is a multi level marketing scheme. Those at the top win, the rest lose. I believe the net result was that you bought gold in grams and paid at least a 50% premium. That premium did not include expensive postage from Europe.

6. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

So any comments backjack?

8. backjack

backjack New Member

Im the one looking for comment "thatguy" hence the question :) such cynicism think I ask the question because I work for them

Reason I ask as my personal feelings are the market is going to sh8t itself and I want to get some gold and/or silver for the purpose of using it as a form of wealth creation and/or form of payment.

Hypothetically US dollar goes really bad, and gold/silver goes up I would like to use it as a method of buying things if no dealers are in business. eg. if we had a 1920's style market crash you wont have much opportunity to just click sell (assuming internet is up) or dealers in business. I would want something in smaller amounts that i could use as a form of payment. Thats why this karat thing looked interesting. Or even the XAU coins i saw on goldstackers. As opposed to have bars and bullions. Any other opinions?

9. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

To summarise - you want physical gold in fractional quantities at low premium.

Lots of options, really, and if that is what you want, then be guided solely by premium - you are looking ideally for sub-5% premium which will take more work in this market. Bullion grade sovs and half sovs; $200 Oz coins, ounce blobs; Mexican pesos, et cetera. Look here for deals, know your budget and move quickly - you are not alone :D

Karatbars fail in many ways.

10. goldaffiliate

goldaffiliate New Member

Hi - Im brand new here but found this conversation and just have to say.....
    Credibility is not something Karatbars need to worry about in 2015. 250,000 customers in 120 countries, 5 solid years, no missed deliveries, no missed commission payment,
    People often tell me they want to do their "due diligence" on Karatbars.
    My answer is this
    "Do you think the Lawyers at Fedex, Mastercard, The Vatican, Moto GP etc have not done theirs? (And now I can add Real Madrid FC)
    Real Madrid FC is the worlds most valuable sports club and the worlds highest earning Football Club. See - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Madrid_C.F.
    Karatbars are now an official licensed partner and are selling Real Madrid Collector Cards directly from the website. In terms of credibility and partnering with major sporting organisations it doesn't get any bigger than this!

anyways - it's starting to work for me and I talk more about it on my blog http://darrenhart.com

11. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:rolleyes: Hallo sockpuppet :|

12. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Better remind them to put you guys up on their official sponsors page- http://www.realmadrid.com/en/about-real-madrid/the-club/sponsors :lol:

13. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

Wow!.
    The karetbar reps sure turned up fast.
    Classic.
    I did check the link and managed a couple of paragraphs , but closed it after reading gold had to be bought in oz's or more and was unaffordable to the masses before karetbar came to the rescue with fractional gold, lol

14. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

LOL. Karatbars are a fail in my opinion. Just smells of MLM all over.

Just get yourself some low premium gold and you'll be better off.

15. backjack

backjack New Member

Thanks for your comments.

Im thinking of starting with a Perth mint 1ozGold cold, 200x1oz Perth mint Silver coins and a silver bar (more silver now because of the ratio) - what you think?

16. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

Be circumspect with your intentions; the internet is forever.

Having said that, you have allocated some funds, and set an approximate gold-silver ratio. In your shoes I would start scouring the dealer ads looking for an edge, and keep a very close eye on offers on the forum, especially the buy & sell (note the items that go within seconds!). The disadvantage of smaller transaction is potentially larger shipping cost, but experience suggests that your first transactions may not be the smartest - mine certainly weren't.

There is no rush, we are not in a rapidly rising market, so there is less psychological pressure to get in with both feet. Keep an eye out for gold at spot to +5% premium (it comes up) and use the offers to explore pricing elsewhere.

If you are looking for Perth Mint Slver, are you going encapsulated or tubes, limited mintage, privy...

Oh yes. Never let focusing on the pricing in a website make you think that an item is a bargain without checking elsewhere.

17. m0xty

m0xty Member

scam for sure...the last person into it...lose

18. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

If someone is making money on a sale they are two or three times removed from then whoever is buying the gold is paying for that.

Also, paying hundreds of dollars to be a high level affiliate just to get a discount on karatbars that brings the gold price down to what you can get from any dealer is one of those things that makes you stop and think.