just made my first purchase with apmex

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by schmidtyss, Apr 29, 2011.

1. schmidtyss

schmidtyss New Member

And its going to be a rainbow toned silver eagle...i was browsing around on the site and saw they had a toned eagle. its a random year so idk what im getting yet ..but ill put up some pics when i get it.

2. Arsenal

Arsenal New Member

look forward to your pics :)
    your lucky your in the US and dont have to go through the extra postage and customs that we have to in OZ.

3. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

You seem to be into Toners :)

Looking forward to the pic too.

try and get a close up - id like to see the distribution of the toning on the surface of the coin.

:)

4. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

And lucky you dont have to order a minimum $1,500 in metal like we do in Aus. Lose themselves alot of business doing that, given its only a $50 min in the US.

5. silversardine

silversardine Member

Yes, I find that limit very annoying. They will have lost quite a lot of business from Australia.

Although we can import more, I still worry about having hassels with the importing of over $1000, despite all the excellent guidelines people have supplied here in the past. eg: the papers to fill in etc....

When I enquired they said there was no chance it would change - how hard can it be - a few things to change in the computer for the online ordering system I guess.

Anyway, now that spot is up so much it isn't possible to buy a nice amount like 3 x 10 oz for under $1000 inc postage. Can't even do 20 oz for that much! :(

6. schmidtyss

schmidtyss New Member

Yea i figure at least one proper toner in my collection couldn't hurt. T he coin cost 58 bucks ....and the shipping was 13.95 i almost spit my coffee out when i saw that lol.