Jumping on the bandwagon

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Supe, May 10, 2011.

1. Supe

Supe New Member

Trying to avoid noob or derivative of that word but not possible. I'm a silver noob. Said it. I don't own silver yet. My first buy (still waiting for it to arrive) was a 5gram job from Ebay. Paid a stupendous $18 thanks to post. Put it down to me wanting to own silver - even if in a small amount. Not economical though. Now I've ordered 9oz and still have to supply certified ID to seller before it is shipped. :( That'll have to wait till tomorrow. I really liked the look of the Pamp Oz bars and the ASE coins. So I've ordered a small amount of them to kickstart my silver odyssey. I know I could have paid less for the non-premium silver but I wanted my first bits of silver to not be anonymous looking.

So why silver? Like some here, I see portents. Not good ones (insert peak oil/rising energy prices/American hyperinflation/overpopulation/food shortages/failed states etc). The usual doom and gloom. I want to mitigate the impact of a severe economic downturn if/when it hits. If I'm wrong (and I hope so) and the world travels along its merry way for the next 60 years, I'll be ok with that too. I'm feeling a bit like I have missed the boat and expect to pay prices well over what many paid for their trove (ala the good ol days). So don't mind me if I am hoping silver does not not appreciate too much as I don't have a stack yet. I'm not in it to make fiat.

2. Jing

Jing Member Silver Stacker

Welcome, silver just had a massive dip.. so good timing on that front. Better than entering in the high 40s :)

3. zachary898

zachary898 Member

welcome to the Grid

4. phillis

phillis Member

...like what i did

welcome. but be warned, its like a drug this silver stuff!

5. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Phillis. I remember when you first joined and was so anxious to learn and to buy. I was tempted 2 or 3 times to PM you and give you my opinion for what it was worth. I was so uncertain myself where silver was going. This is the hard thing about stacking silver, you have to put your money where your mouth is. It is very hard when you pay a little extra to get in when you start and then see it drop 18%. It is not as hard when you have been stacking for a couple of years at much lower prices.

If it makes you feel any better, I have at least 10oz silver on lay-by for which I will have to pay between $40 to $45 an oz.
    I will be extremely nervous when and if silver approaches its all time high of $50. If you believe that silver will again trade in the forties, now is the time to buy. At least it brings your cost average down.

Anyway Phillis I hope that luck goes your way and down the track you can look back and laugh at what happened.

Best of luck

Regards Errol43