Jim Rogers brings out a gold panda on Glenn Beck

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by El Bullion, Dec 11, 2011.

1. El Bullion

El Bullion New Member Silver Stacker

Usual discussion re inflation, food shortages, and currency crises.

Rogers brings out the panda around 1:10 minutes into the interview, and shows it to Glenn Beck. Beck, in his usual moronic self, fondles it, talks nonsense, and then mindlessly throws it back. :eek:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Yow8m6uu4[/youtube]

2. knowles3

knowles3 Member

this show is terrible, the format, the mickey mouse set, the interview, the host, just watch the part with the panda and maple and leave..

3. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

Was beck linked to goldline at some stage who put people in rubbish numismatic coins with high premiums?

4. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm grateful to Beck interviewing such a high caliber person like Jim Rogers.

Jim Rogers is one of the most enlightened commentators that I have heard and read.

Having Jim and Beck talk about Pandas is a nice added bonus! :)

5. 25Grizzlies

25Grizzlies Member

I disagree with the numismatic coin market outlook here, terrible really. Rogers is always a bit of a doom and gloomer. Rest assured he has interests to look after and this format's a great way to aid those interests. Sure, we're in for hard times and its prudent to hold bullion in the shtf scenario, of course it is. There is no way the premiums of numis will all of a sudden disappear, absolute crazy to think they will... well, possibly in the short term but in the longterm they will come back. Personally I think he's in a position to move markets due to his high profile and with interviews such as these, that's a dangerous place, I heard JR had alot to do with Soros and that guy is pure financial terror.

6. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Numis are for way after the gold value soaring. If you can hang on to your numis and not use the gold value to buy bread or circuses then when the new sun rises, you'll be very wealthy. The rich rich always make it through and they like exclusive things, and numis satisfy that. Someone will know the correct figure but Australian numis well and truly maintained their value through the last market crash in 2008, and no doubt will survive the next.

7. 25Grizzlies

25Grizzlies Member

Exactly. They will survive and I believe thrive in a post crash era. It's conjecture of course but if there is a crash like we have never seen who knows what the currency will look like afterwards, noone can accurately say. Plausible I'll be selling my coins in the future for a currency that doesnt even exist today!

There was an Australian penny at the last melbourne coin show for something like $750,000 off the top of my head. Numis are ALL about what they represent, the wealthy will put some of their fiat into them. Personally, I think Rogers has alot of the early Chinese coins, not just the newer 'bullion' stuff. I have a hard time 'trusting' these guys.

8. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I also agree with 25Grizzlies and JulieW. There will almost always be a market for the premium items - even during the worst of times.