jewellery closes to spot.

Discussion in 'Jewellery & Gems' started by EL3MENOPEEE, Nov 4, 2014.

1. EL3MENOPEEE

EL3MENOPEEE New Member

specifically womens and unisex jewellery.

my female companion understands and appreciates intrinsic metal value, and would (i presume) be delighted to receive precious jewellery that can also be considered a store of wealth or "stack".

i am very new to metal generally, so ive been making ponderings and assumptions that are no doubt sometimes false. some of my thinking is:

- simple to create jewels (such as rings and bracelets) are simpler to make, and therefore cheaper to make, and cheaper at retail than something like a broach
    - very PMs such as gold that is plated in something much cheaper such as silver will protect the value of the jewellery.
    - PM coins are in a sense - a form of jewellery. it has intrinsic value plus non intrinsic artistic value. coins can often be purchased at spot+20%. does this mean something like a ring could be purchased at spot+20% or maybe even lower.

are there any reputable retailers in melbourne who sell what im buying?

sorry if there are post like this. i had a quick search but could not find anything.

2. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Chapel st pawnbrokers couple of doors down from Chasers
    Universal Coin Co in CBD
    Don't waste your time at golddiggers in Melbourne CBD (nothing to do with Golddiggers in S.A )
    Just checkout pawnbrokers

3. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

i think ur forgetting something spanner...i know its not the trade forum but still...u just getting old(as all of us) :lol: