Japan's $66 billion Demand For WA Gas

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Holdfast, Sep 23, 2014.

1. lakesentrance

lakesentrance Member

Hey SilverPete, not very familiar at all. I havent hung out with a koala bear for ... can't remember when. :cool:

2. SovereignBuyerMelbourne

SovereignBuyerMelbourne Member

Protecting the environment is not a selfless pursuit, the consequences of man's impact on earth will only make it more uncomfortable for us, which could cause our extinction as a species. But we will never kill the earth, again we will just make it more uncomfortable for us.

I'm not Australian, I can't vote and I plan to return home eventually, so my interest in Australian politics is limited but I do think that the Green party is possibly the worst party for Australia.

The Greens would happily see the end to industries that contribute a great deal to Australia's Economy, in their ideal scenario they would end the mining of Gold, Coal, Iron and Petroleum. Goods that are actually sold to the Chinese rather than brought from them.

Already some smaller mining companies have had to shut down due to the fall in these commodities prices, and this is projected to have a long term harmful effect on the economy, it's also (in my opinion) affected Hockeys budget, which was based on for example an iron ore price of 100 USD which will force him (I think) to raise taxes.

Other measures to give us a surplus like cuts, or for example the fuel duty have been blocked by the Greens even though they support it?

From what I've read on the Greens website they have no thoughts on what industry would replace out of work mines when their Green utopia is achieved.

In Victoria, I sadly see the Greens over time getting more power, and at the moment the state uses brown coal for its energy, the alternatives suggested according to the Greens website are renewable energy sources.

Would this be in the form of government subsidised solar power or wind both of which are expensive to implement and not as effective as other methods.

Fracking for example is better for the environment until a good alternative appears. But in my country this is being opposed.

And don't think that Green companies are exempt from acting on what makes them a profit or corruption, just look at Solyndra.

Also you kind of said it yourself Greens are anti growth anti innovation and have a habit of religiously opposing any concessions offered.