It's the Interest, Stupid!

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Gold Kiwi, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Gold Kiwi

Gold Kiwi New Member Silver Stacker

http://www.globalresearch.ca/its-the-interest-stupid-why-bankers-rule-the-world/5311030

A nice short, easy-to-understand article to share with friends/family who don't understand this stuff.

2. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was surprised by the % of businesses that rely on credit to pay their wage bill.

I'm not sure why they do it, It's not that they are insolvent or in difficulty or anything... but they're paying for money. There's just a culture in society from top to bottom about not saving keeping a little cash in reserve. But when there's any sort of banking hiccup...(or as in '08, a dry-wretch) businesses see haow fragile their cash processes are:/

3. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

Don't know why you are surprised. Wages in Australia are the number one cost of doing business. Now that we have the hard labour criminals in control of the industrial relations scam they are bleeding all small businesses dry.

My solution was to get rid of all employees, computerise even more, look at the return on everything I do and wait for the government to change. When it does change use the additional cashflow to prepare for the next time the fiscal terrorists are elected by the fiscal numpties. :rolleyes:

Kind Regards
    nonrecourse

4. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

It may be easy to understand but the solution they offer is called communism for the greater good.

The solution? Start the long and arduous road of building intergenerational wealth so your childrens,childrens children own the bank and all their interest payments go back to the family structure. You and your children won't see it but you will have a lifetime of seeing that dream germinate.

Your chances of it growing into an Iron bark tree? About 3% :D Anything worth doing is always difficult.

Kind Regards
    non recourse

5. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Well my intergenerational wealth is now silver, clothes, cabinets, good books, survival equip, spare parts, etc mostly secondhand/cheap.
    Get rid of the euro's, swap them for everything durable that everyone can use and/or has a reasonable market growth and thus price potential.
    Screw Interest. Don't rely on the banksters job, but on your own job.

6. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

You forgot works of art.
    I wouldn't mind a Renoir, if I could afford it.

7. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

The problem with that is that it's niche, it's much harder to find a buyer that knows/recognizes its value and is willing to pay it.
    Common stuff doesnt need much hunting for a buyer.
    Your Renoir might be a good idea outside a crisis and shiny outlook.
    But I'm afraid that is gone, for a long while.

8. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

The article actually is calling for nationalised banks, and includes this is a success in, for example, Australia.

I'm not convinced.