Islam WA: a religion or a political party?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by gingham69, Feb 22, 2017.

1. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

"YOU bought up Catholics".....I think you should check out the 11th word of your 1st sentence......

2. tolly_67

O.k. I will admit I am wrong gingaham.
    I was wrong to take your initial post literally. I didn't realise that you didn't actually mean what you wrote and that religion has nothing to do with religion and that the word 'urging' actually means decreasing numbers of parishioners and even though the word 'catholic' was written, it did not actually mean catholic.
    I think my primary school teachers need to be flogged.

3. gingham69

gingham69 Member

When I mentioned the word "Catholics" it was an example as the thread was about Islam W.A. so technically your right so my apologies.
    However I could have said any other religion in fact any religion except Islam W.A hence the question and that was the point and I'm sure your aware of that as you choose to be so pedantic on minor things, you would have used Catholics anyway as your argument as you are obviously one with the subscription to Catholic weekly!
    So if you read my question it was "When will we learn? Doesn't that tell you I'm fully aware of our politics in this country towards elections
    but I'm asking what people think on Islam W.A. being a religion or a political party or did you miss the title of the thread? you were just trying to be a smart arse with sarcasm and you and I both know why! Awww diddums ring a bell?
    So again are you going to admit you were wrong with your statement "You are only guessing if you think it is getting less and less as the years go on" you just keep
    conveniently skipping it and how are you not brainwashed if your a devout Catholic?

4. tolly_67

It is true that your title had nothing to do with your first post. This is not uncommon on this forum. My response was directed at the crux of your post because that is the foundation of your post.

You simply found what you believed to be another example of the negative aspect of Islam and highlighted your exasperation at the audacity of the said group with the expression " Can you imagine the backlash if it was Christian or Catholic leaders urging........"

Unfortunately you should have looked deeper as it is common place for religion to exert influence in an election regardless of the amount of people that fill the pews and the answer is there is no backlash. You were attempting to find fault but instead found faults, plural.

As to whether or not Islam is a religion or a political party, go and see your local politician and ask him which forms they filled out. If you don't know then I will tell you that you have to be registered to be a political party. If you find their registration, post a copy here and I will cheer you wholeheartedly for such a brilliant discovery.

As for your final poser "When will we learn?... Well I would say nothing so far......here's hoping.

5. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Religion (not spirituality!) is just another tool to shape our enslavement. At times other methods may prove more effective, but ultimately the objective is the same -- keep us blind, keep us divided, keep us distracted.

6. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Become?

As in future tense?

The cops deal with nearly 600 domestic violence incidents per day in this country.

The Queensland domestic violence helpline alone fields 260 calls a day from women in fear or immediate danger.

Maybe we should be looking a bit closer at our proud, white Anglo-Celtic Christian-ish culture before slagging off others.

7. tolly_67

Looking at my kids, the biggest threat is actually Playstations and the like. Talk about enslavement...sheeesh.

8. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We are eternally distracted by baubles.

9. gingham69

gingham69 Member

I had the decency to apologise [even for a pedantic mistake] but ONCE again you have dodged your apology..just a brainwashed fruitcake.
    As for the final poser it was...
    So again are you going to admit you were wrong with your statement "You are only guessing if you think it is getting less and less as the years go on" you just keep
    conveniently skipping it and how are you not brainwashed if your a devout Catholic?
    So we HAVE all learned something, another one on here that's never wrong and even when it's staring you in the face you just dodge it with some other rhetoric or not related or something just anything will do, the tally is up to 5 from memory now so out of a total of approx 12,500 registered users you always get a very small minority that think like that, just pompous arrogance ...awwww diddums...Sad, very very sad. :(
    The Priest is going to be busy in confessional this weekend! Bless you my son!

10. tolly_67

Do the maths.
    1991 to 2011 Christians dropped from 74% to 61%
    same time population rose from 17.3 million to 21.3 million
    A simple calculation and you will find that the number of Christians has barely changed.
    The Catholic congregation has not really dropped at all so the influence the church has is still the same.
    So yes, you were guessing.

11. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep our domestic violence figures is not good. Would it be better if we have huge intake in Islamic migrants/refugees where they set up their own no go areas like in so many EU nations and where it is acceptable for the bashing of wife and children? Then it will not be a crime and will reduce domestic violence figures.

12. gingham69

gingham69 Member

Your ignorance and arrogance is getting worse! do the maths?
    The maths are already done and I showed you a few examples but here's a couple again..
    Quote from Christianity today...
    At the turn of the century in 1901, nearly every Australian claimed a Christian affiliation or identification (96%). By the most recent Census in 2011 this figure had declined to six out of ten Australians (61%). In the past two decades from 1991 to 2011, there has been a decline in Christian identification from 74% to 61%

Roy Morgan
    Easter Sunday may celebrate Christ rising, but the proportion of Australians who identify as Christian is falling fast, down over 8% points in the last two years. If the current downward trend were to continue, Christians will soon be in the minority in Australia, the latest research from Roy Morgan shows.

A question on religion has been asked in every census taken in Australia, with the voluntary nature of this question having been specifically stated since 1933. In 1971, the instruction "if no religion, write none" was introduced. This saw a sevenfold increase from the previous census year in the percentage of Australians stating they had no religion. Since 1971, this percentage has progressively increased to 22.3% in 2011.[1]

You are seriously delusional, are you saying the FACTS are wrong?
    Population rising will only increase the NON Christians in this country far quicker and this doesn't include the masses that are turning away from religion in general from the white society as people are realising that it's all just religious crap written thousands of years ago by people who knew no better and have just continued to brainwash future generations for their own ill gotten gains.
    Well we know better now so would you agree that babies are born with no predispositions towards race or religion?
    It is a FACT so without the brainwashing of [certain] humans then it wouldn't even exist!
    I'm still waiting for the apology not the deflection. :rolleyes:

13. tolly_67

To tell you the truth, I don't even know what is actually is you think I am wrong about. Your 1st post was just an anti Islamic rant which became obvious immediately. You have somehow managed to twist it into an argument about Papal influence which occurred much later in the post.
    The fact is that your opinion about catholic influence was written well before you googled the information regarding Census statistics.
    Even with this information it is still nothing but a guess. If you really wanted to be better informed then you would have to undertake a serious study which would have you considering everything from distribution of the catholics with regards to electorates, outcomes at individual booths, the level of voter participation at each booths not to mention the actual make-up of the catholic congregation. There are a lot more filipinos now, for example, so how does that effect Papal influence? What about the distribution of the non-christians?
    You may find that some electorates may have greater catholic influence than ever before. If the majority of non-christians are concentrated in very few electorates then the catholics may actually be able to swing an election. To find out the truth you have to look much, much deeper.
    One statistic doth not make an argument, in fact it does not even make it to the level of "educated guess". It is simply a consideration. Nothing more.

14. Mintaka

Mintaka Active Member

Is Tolly a Muslim? I am anti Islam because I am anti hatred of women. I am against hatred of Jews. I am doggedly opposed to child sex and forced marriage. I am anti Islam because I am against theocracy.

15. tolly_67

Wow, someone thought I might be a Catholic only a few pages ago...

I also am also anti hatred of women.......so who are all those women filling the city refuges every night, surely not all muslims, perhaps you could dig up some numbers, maybe talk to the directors of these refuges and ask them what is the biggest cause of these poor women having to seek refuge. Don't give me your opinion, give me some facts.

I also am against anti semitism.....targeting a religion because of the actions of the very few (Zionists) is ignorant. The Jewish people are a good example of the accomplishments that can be achieved through discipline and education. It is no different with Islam.

As for underage sex, there is no shortage of white, brown, pink and purple men heading to Asia for exactly that reason. It is vile trait of individuals and it is wrong and insulting to insinuate that it is a common and acceptable practice. Muslims find it just as repulsive. The so called muslims, or priests that indulge in such perversion are simply perverts, nothing more.

16. gingham69

gingham69 Member

Ok ok seriously just so much deflection without answering the questions or apologising for being wrong! What is your problem??
    My opinion about Catholic influence was known well before this conversation!! The reference from google was to prove you wrong which once again you have avoided with far more guess work which your accusing me of FFS.
    Why waste more time and money on a "serious study" when there is plenty of serious studies already done that aren't GUESSES and that prove you wrong just deflection :rolleyes:
    How about we pretend we are at confessional and it stays between us, I'll start it off for you...
    Forgive me Father for I have sinned...It has been about 40 yrs now and that every time I make a mistake I just can't for the life of me admit I'm wrong so I know I'm
    Ignorant, arrogant and have been brainwashed but....I'll let you fill out the rest! Go on you can do it man..or are you?
    P.S Don't forget I'll keep it between us and I hope he's not one of the 7% er's? :(

17. tolly_67

"Why waste more time and money on a "serious study" when there is plenty of serious studies already done that aren't GUESSES"

...and which one of those studies is yours?.....and you expect me to believe you thoroughly read all of them before your 1st post where you clearly had no idea that the church has always used its influence......that is why you wrote "Can you imagine...'

Furthermore, please direct me to these very insightful studies that you are telling me exist which detail extensively the declining influence of the catholic church in Australian elections.

18. James

James Member

Yes, special treatment of religions (eg tax) is a case of public subsidy for them, paid for by all others who don't benefit from their activities. :(

19. gingham69

gingham69 Member

Brainwashed, off you go again with deflection. :(
    You've seen and I made sure I put who the examples I've given you were from so I'm done wasting anymore time with you on this as some people are worthy of my time and others not. Guess, as your so good at it which category your in? Toodles numnuts. :p

20. tolly_67

O.k. toodles