Is this panda 2010 Cheap?

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by ebenezer, Sep 3, 2011.

1. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

The seller is likely making a nice profit vs. selling at a loss. The coin grading was likely $16.50 and if they purchased the coin last year, their cost is probably under $30. I purchased my 2010 Pandas last September and paid around $28. So, I could sell my 2010 Pandas for $45 and be making a profit. Before anyone pms me, I am not really interested in selling anything right now and certainly not for $2 over spot.

2. ebenezer

ebenezer Member

I spoke to him and apparently he is making a $20 loss as he is getting rid of his Pandas due to an unfortunate illness.

3. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

If you believe that, I have some ecologically sensitive land in Florida that I would be happy to sell to you. :)

4. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2010 MS70s are over $100AUD at the dealers in Shanghai.
    2010 MS69s are over $80AUD at the dealers in Shanghai.

IF you can get them below $100AUD and $80AUD, BARGAIN (imho)!

Tried to bargain them down to the Ebay price and even used the Ebay listing as evidence, but got told off... no fun... but I got some other stuff from another dealer at some wonderful prices!

This could be a wonderful arbitrage opportunity... USA deflates the price of Pandas, China inflates the price of Pandas... whoever can help complete the loop can probably make some pretty Panda profits! :)

5. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Has anyone done a study to determine what % of Pandas grade out to ms69 or ms70? Same question about the lunars.

6. nicwinner

nicwinner Active Member Silver Stacker

depending how many MS69 and MS70 be graded by current year. if MS70 around 10,000 pieces and MS69 100,000, then price gap more than 10 times. this is my personal calculate method :D may be useless..