Is the worlds richest man getting into Silver?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Guest, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

2. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Warren Buffet bought a few tonnes back in the mid 2000's but sold out before this big run-up so the uber rich dont get it right every time.

3. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

4. smokey

smokey New Member

I posted it under the magazine thread. I did not link properly. So thanks for the help! Lets hope my investing skills are better than my computer skills.

5. DSK

DSK Active Member Silver Stacker

Might be connection between buffett's sale of silver to the Barclays' SLV. Read something about this years ago....Am sure he has exposure to the rising price. Dont think the oracle would sell for $7.5

could only find this about it now:

http://www.silvermonthly.com/162/analyzing-warren-buffetts-investment-in-silver/

.....Buffett to the rescue? In 2006, the first Silver Exchange Traded Fund (SLV) owned by Barclays was trying to get approval from the SEC by promising that it would hold silver to back up its shares.

At that time, the newly proposed fund could only take delivery on a portion of the needed amount of silver because of tight supplies and Barclays was rumored to have borrowed or purchased over 130 million ounces of silver-about the total amount held by Berkshire Hathaway at the time.....