Is the crisis at the door?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by CriticalSilver, Nov 26, 2011.

1. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

2. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

The euro was down to 1.30 today.....Everyone is panicking and starting to panic and dump it and buy USD or PM's....And at the same time PM's are being MASSIVELY manipulated to keep them down.......It's all going down BIGTIME................Prepare yourselves ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. jackbrown

jackbrown New Member

While were all filling our mattresses with PMs it might be a good idea to spend an additional $1000 on some food grade 200L open top drums. Then fill them with rice, beans, salt, sugar, powered mild, pasta, Vegemite, muesli bars. etc etc. Just in case...

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Good point jackbrown , while all the above is scary enough it does not relate to the very real effects as to what may happen in the "real" world . The recession of the 1930's was bad, really bad for the everyday person but people back then still had a link to the land and were much more self reliant as opposed to this day and age. That and the difference in population with about 5 billion more mouths to feed now as compared to then and a centralisation of population never seen before all totally reliant upon a just in time system to eat and dependent on electricity, sewage and water, fuel for transport, law and order etc.

People are hard up surviving with a week of Cyclone induced power loss and access to Woolies or Coles in my own area alone which has quite a small population relative to major city's.

The cascading/domino effect of banking failure, bank runs, credit freeze, people not getting paid, not being able to buy food and other necessity's , Fuel droughts, etc etc are a lot more scary on top of the above when you consider they are the end result.

The effects of social media should also be considered once the inevitable happens as witnessed recently in England. Once the great unwashed masses of the world finally click that it is all over red rover and the welfare check cant be accessed even if it was coming, even self imposed community control will not have an effect . Military control may work for a while but even that will only go as far as a soldier is prepared to go while his own family go hungry.

Bread and Circuses were the panacea once upon a time, but when the ATM's and Eftpos is off line at Maccas and there's no power for the flatscreen or playstation in the middle of winter things could get ugly fast and could just get uglier as time go's on.

Just for minute think how pissed off 20 million people could get with no ability to flush their toilets and no TP to wipe their asses with? then multiply it by X .

5. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

SC. Do you stack tp and water?

What about food?

Regards Errol 43

6. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

hmmm, actually my water stack needs more attention O_O

Everything else is covered though.

7. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

I stack cheap cigarette lighters and candles too :/

I also stack "hope"............. that it will never come to this .

8. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Cut jobs, increase taxes. Are we in Greece? :lol:

Stacking 6+ months of food staples and consumables is a very good idea IMO.

9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Chilli your the only person ive noticed that stack lighters...fire is a real neccessity .I always have a few .I prefer the Bic there would be nothing worse than needing one & the cheap one shit itself. Bic lighters last much longer & never fail. The cheap ones fall apart if you drop them & dont last very long

10. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you stack what you use and use what you stack you honestly can't go wrong.

Pick your Target (6 months in your suggestion) and start stacking. Punish mercilessly coles/woolies loss leaders. Rotate (google cansolidator) and relax. If you have 6 months supplies and something does go wrong, say job loss or illness / injury then you have 6 months of breathing space. If nothing goes wrong you have an inflation hedge.

11. Trichter

Trichter Member

Still better stack knowledge of growing, seeds, etc. You can can live off rice, beans and noodles but not well. The longer you store food the worse its nutitional value.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Got a Mountain fed creek and assorted animals fruit trees and a little garden in a sparsely populated area. TP is a high consumption product in my family tho, all these females would probably use Nuggets stack in a month.

13. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bic's are more reliable, however once they are empty they are a throwaway item :(

The cheapies do break if you drop them on concrete etc, although if you don't they are easily refilled using a can of butane gas and I have several of the slightly better cheapies I have been refilling and using for years ;)

In my firestarting stack I have bic's, cheapies + cans of gas to refill, matches, and my trusty 35 year old Zippo - the "PAMP" of lighters :cool: (along with flints, zippo fluid etc.)

oops almost forgot my absolute fallback position - magnesium flint stick!

14. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

So......Will this monday the 19th be a black, horrible, disasterous day???

15. Rothbard

Rothbard New Member

I combine gold stacking with lighter functionality with my trusty ST Dupont lighter :)

16. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

I think we should stack enough fiat to cover ourselves for 3- 6 months too, or at least as much as you can afford, (incase of job loss)

17. Byron

Byron Guest

You guys are scaring me. I should stock up and re-read the chapter on surviving nuclear attack by creating a shelter from my 80s "Survival" book. Great ideas there on how to survive at a time when the threat of nuclear war was in the background.

From what i recall a radio is also a plus, in case of power outtages. What worries me is attack/attempted breakins by groups of thugs/looters. Without a firearm, how does one best defend their house and family? Rollershutters/Crimsafe on the windows and doors?

18. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

You don't have a gun??? You should be scared.

Get a gun, get a few guns, and heaps of ammo.

19. lamp

lamp New Member

I stack can tuna and long life milk too.

20. Byron

Byron Guest

How do i do that legally? And store it safely in the house.