Is Silver Stackers a waste of time?

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by Eureka Moments, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Would it be easier and safer if we all traded through ebay and Dealers and give creating trading relationships and networks via here a miss?

I have recently heard some opinions that this site is an unsafe place to trade, that there is no recourse available if a deal goes sour (unlike paypal which apparently sorts out any probs in a jiffy) and that the forum is badly moderated by biased persons.

2. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

stiring the pot?

3. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

No, i've been ripped off by fleaBay before, and the fees here are much cheaper.

There is little recourse here i agree unless doing f2f i guess.
    I stongly disagree your comments re Paypal, they do not assist - do a search and see the comments and recommendations.

Re your last comment, i aslo strongly disagree. Everyone has personal biases but i find that the moderators here are extremely fair and tolerant. I guess those opinions you have been listening to have been on the wrong end and should start their own forum to see how time-consuming and difficult dealing with all sorts of pratts it would be.

4. Eureka Moments

Thread title asks a valid question. My post (from here forward to be known as EM Quality Post #78) contained a valid question and a factual comment.

When pot stirring I usually just slag off at someone and dont bother with the above. :)

5. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

I buy from people I know, who have good feedback or site sponsors and have so far never been ripped off. Simple due diligence works wonders in this site as well as ebay.

6. GBN

GBN Member

Nope, silver stackers is awesome.

Not sure about the lack of recourse, if the seller sends his / her bank acct name and details, in most cases google or facebook will provide enough info to find out where they live or places they frequent - some people might use this info to have some fingers broken to alert the appropriate authorities should the need arise.

7. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

I'm not on facebook, never have been :)

8. Chillidog

Chillidog New Member Silver Stacker

What would I do while,
    1. Waiting in line
    2. Middle of the night and can't sleep
    3. Bored
    4. While lady friend is busy with important things like Facebook.
    5. Have spare cash and want to blow it.
    6. Need a laugh and pick me up.
    7. Reasure me I'm not the crazy one.
    8. Educating me in another way of investing for free.
    9. Answer life's big questions.
    And much more

Thanks silver stackers you have saved me many times

9. VANGBAC

VANGBAC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is Silver Stackers a waste of time?

NO!!!!! JUST TIME WASTERS!! In some cases. Never had a problem here in my trades it comes down to your own ethics and weather you live by an honest and ethical manner when trading. I would have no hesitation in a full refund if someone was not happy. No questions asked. I spent 10 years on ebay 100% over 2500 trades never precious metals though. But the same apply s Would not touch ebay now to sell anything. Silverstackers is fine. Deal with reputable dealers on here which I have found all I have dealt with to be. And do YODD with others.

10. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

This thread seemingly assumes the main objective of SS, is the trade aspect. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I would suggest SS serves other purposes. I came here with initial group as we transited away from the Kitco forums, and others no doubt. Personally, I was not seeking a place to trade PMs.

11. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

From a buyer's perspective - PayPal will only ever return funds if the other party has those funds available in their account. Most scammers quickly withdraw funds, and use(buy) fake PayPal accounts.

From a seller's perspective - If you're an honest seller, PayPal will always side with the buyer.

I've found PayPal to be totally useless.

I'd prefer trading on here because low fees = better priced silver. However there could be features that would improve the trading functionality.

12. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nope. Ebay doesn't give one the opportunity to trade philosophical blows with another person (via the forum) thus not giving one the chance to "get to know" other parties a bit better on another level. As for dealers, my best dealer (Bullion Bourse) came via this forum. Not my only dealer though.

. You should know better than most that one should not abide by the opinions of every-one. Crikey, I've recently heard some opinions that your a tosser (particularly after this thread) but then again, there is the odd person that seems to think your a half decent sort of fellow. So opinions obviously vary and are only worth as much as the person eliciting them.

All in all, this site is pretty good. Lots of decent people here mixed in with some real wankers of course (you all know who you are!). Good opportunities for trade. And the lack of formal control over trades (ie "unsafe to trade"???) is what makes this place of huge value. As a forum, it forces some of the more "sensitive" types and those who are a little "closed minded" to snap out of their dreamworld and face reality. If they don't like the reality checks offered, then they can easily piss off some where else. As for moderation ........ hmmm....... I haven't been banned yet. Haven't even come close to suspension. But I've been in the middle of a few fireworks displays and think the decision making could have been better. But all in all, it's been "reasonable" to date.

Think your barking up the wrong tree with this thread mate. Then again, if it's a machiavellian trick to draw our the crabs, it might just work. Well done!!! :lol:

13. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Numbering it #78 is a bit generous don't you think? (Or even numbering it at all?)

Oh look, my post count went up one :p

(Anyway, I've already answered this in the other thread, so no need to repeat myself here.)

14. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

Quality Post #78

We had better start some sort of rating system for your posts.

15. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

Never had any problems when buying or selling on this Forum. Have had some absolute nightmare situations with fraudsters on ebay. Had a guy on ebay get my contact details and give me death threats over the phone if I was to leave a negative feedback for a sale he backed out of (I won an item for a good price and he refused to send). Told ebay about this they did nothing, didn't even suspend the guy! He also sent numerous threats via ebay which I brought to their attention and still nothing.

16. Eureka Moments

Already covered.

Count your own QPs. :rolleyes:

17. Silver Octopus

Silver Octopus Member

From ebay experiences of mine, a buyer pays thru paypal, receives an item. claim its broken or not received etc, request a refund thru paypal and they will then freeze your paypal account until you either convince the buyer to cancel the request or you agree to add funds to cover the refund or they charge the amount from your credit card. I lost a few expensive items that way and the $$... meanwhile ebay & paypal both kept the fees too !

18. Eureka Moments

Sorry, which thread?

19. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

any thread you like he posts in all of them :lol:

20. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Personally I think thishas got to be one of the dumbest questions ever posed on this forum!
    If the answer isn\'t blatantly obvious to you then you should leave...