Is Silver screwed?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bsylvest, Sep 28, 2011.

1. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What you don't seem to acknowledge is that the dive of recent weeks was caused simply by Rothschild & The Fed ordering JPM, Citi, HSBC etc to dump massive amounts of PAPER pm's onto the market to protect their illegal shorts (which as you should know are already subject to RICO charges - HSBC are currently under a Tolling Agreement with the prosecutors & complainants - you should go look up the implications of that).

The paper pm's released at low prices were subsequently re ought by the same sellers... are you THAT blind???

Posts like this just serve to remind me of why I'm a silver fan... Sorry, but you need to wise-up brother.

VRS ;)x

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Come on guys we have had him on for long enough :lol:

"YES SILVER IS SCREWED!!"

Post answered

REDBACK

3. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Now now... none of that pragmatism from somebody so NEW here!! You gotta act dumb for as long as possible mate :lol:

4. greyman68

greyman68 New Member

If Silver is screwed then remember to sell all your soon-to-be-worthless Silver to me. I will pay $8 dollars an ounce so you can enjoy all those Big Mac Meals. Ready to purchase 1850 ounces now. :)

5. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

VRS first post a ripper :)

bsylvest - for one 'we' are bullish on the decoupling which is starting to take place between the paper market and physical...this spot figure doesn't really mean squat to me personally - it just how much labour or effort I trade this month to the next compared to holding the good stuff...oh and PM me with what your selling :) hate to miss a good bargain

6. Guest

Guest Guest

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

8. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"Now now... none of that pragmatism from somebody so NEW here!! You gotta act dumb for as long as possible mate :lol:"

Hahaha! That made me chuckle ;) No, seriously - I've been on the receiving end (or non-receiving end more to the point) of Rothschild's twistedness on several occasions - pension fund business - it's only now I have the luxury of that great rear-view mirror, 'middle age', that I can even consider beginning to take my revenge... and... I WILL have my pound of corporate flesh - but I'm no Shylock... MWAHA-HAH-HAH-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! ;)x ps - We do not forgive. We do not forget. We are legion...

9. ReturnToZero

ReturnToZero New Member

No it doesn't. We don't have hyperinflation, that or I don't know what country you're living.

10. hennypenny

hennypenny New Member

The only person who thanked me for that post 19 months ago was the originator of this thread, bsylvest. I hope he got out - anyone know?

We're $10/oz lower now and my thoughts haven't changed... sorry...

I've owned no silver for a year but do plan to cautiously start buying at $700/kg (assuming it gets that low, and maybe it won't - nobody rings a bell at the top or bottom).

11. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

About $10 to go to start buying those KG's :D

12. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

By now it became quite clear who was right, didn't it?
    Apparently alot managed to 'get out'.
    It's that 'getting out' that brought the price down to $20.
    Funny how few said they got out, while there must have been plenty, considering the removal of 20 price dollars, which corresponds to alike an entire annual world demand/supply.
    I wonder if those that placed those flammatory critics, were among them. Wouldn't surprise me. And those with a big position, tend to sell a chunk, wait for others to buy the price again up, then sell another chunk, and so on. And then they transform from bull to bear, haha.

13. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fixed

14. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

15. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

You still seem to believe that the users of silverstackers.com set the price of silver. It's not Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, institutional investors, etc., but it's people sitting on a couch in their living room typing while sipping beer (like me for example)? Really?

16. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

What are you talking about, price got smashed during the GFC. Lehman Brothers filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on September 15, 2008. Silver was then at $12.62. In the months that followed there was the fear that the world financial system would collapse, and silver went up to $48 (4 times more!). PM thrives on fear. It is the improving economy that we can expect in the near future which drives the price down.

17. Pirocco

As said enough times: we ALL together drive the silver price. Including Pirocco, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs and Cheepo.
    Do you think nobody here didn't sell since $50? Since $40? Since $30? Since $20?
    Do you think some here.... ?
    Do you think alot here.... ?
    Dwell through the posts, use some keywords and the search function. That's what I did. Not only here.
    Look at auction sites. The amount gold/silver for sale. At which price.
    I didn't say that YOU think only Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs and institutional investors drive the price.
    Why do you say that I think that they, or anyone specific others, do?
    I said ALL, and that includes as well people here.
    So try to reply on what is said, not to what you made of it.

18. Pirocco

In the months that followed?
    You mean, in the years that followed?
    It took the silver market people over 3 years to drive the price from $10 to $50.
    Together with stocks, and oil, and whatever else out there?
    http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?p=w1
    The economy DID improve. Recession US, so called 'The Great Recession', is past period, not a present/ongoing period. And silvers price was indeed driven down.
    So if one is turning the world upside down, it's you. Or do you live in the past, explaining your 'we can expect'?

19. Simon S

Simon S New Member

If people are discussing is silver screwed especially the main stream media, then this is probably the right time to start buying again, the price is going down but the industrial uses for it are increasing so it is still worth investing in. Besides I like coins and trawling through job lots, so that is a hobby side satisfied too.

20. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It would also be interesting to see if yields from mining are steady or decling, and how increasing energy costs for extraction a contributing to the silver price.