Is PayPal simply a conduit for thieves?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by The Crow, Aug 22, 2016.

1. masmas

masmas New Member

2. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

Just had another scam that sellers on eBay/payment by PayPal might want to be aware of.
    The buyer waited 3 months for tracking information to be deleted from the Australia Post website. Now there is no tracking info and PayPal have automatically refunded the buyer.
    I thought I was being smarter than the scammers - sent it person to person with acknowledgement of receipt.
    Australia Post did not return the receipt card. The item was shown as delivered in MyPost tracking.
    I never thought of taking a screenshot of that, but PayPal probably wouldn't have accepted that anyway. Now it no longer shows in MyPost and the buyer has now lodged a chargeback. Obviously they know of the time limit on the Aust Post record.

3. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What are you going to do now?

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Another Paypal/Ebay scam is when they win an auction or buy something say a laptop, camera, or something small and then they pay immediately with Paypal and contact you to pick it up in person. They turn up, you hand over the goods and 3 weeks later there is a Paypal chargeback saying "goods not received". You have no proof of shipment and they are denying that they collected it in person and you are sunk.

If anyone pays with Paypal and then collects in person take a photo of their licence and a photo of them holding the item.