IS it time for new deadly and dangerous coin?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by pushingtin, Apr 16, 2012.

1. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

is it time to end this series?....

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

The response from the PM about the deadly series...looks like no end in sight! Phewie. I'm done with it.

Hi Bob

Thanks for writing in we certainly take on board your concerns. However, many of our collectors look forward to the variety of new releases offered each month and are happy to choose one or two favourite series a year to pursue.

Some of our series are developed for overseas markets and a percentage of the mintage is pre-sold in these markets. Experience shows that if we don't offer them for sale in Australia, some customers will be unhappy. It is our policy, therefore, to offer at least some of every Australian legal tender coin at home.

These days we must also cater for 'gift' buyers, an increasingly important sector for mints and coin dealers worldwide, with a variety of suitably themed products.

Please note that Deadly & Dangerous and Famous Ships That Never Sailed are examples of "commissioned products" we manufacture on behalf of third parties in the industry. We generally buy a small proportion of the mintage (no more than a few hundred) which we then advertise for sale as a commissioned product. This has been a popular decision given that most of these coins sell out.

Kind regards

Blog Team

3. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

White Shark is (currently) selling on feeBay from 220$ to 350$, but with some luck you can get it for much less. I saw one auction end with around 120 (roughly 160$). I doubt that new snake will be worth more. The shark is a little different from the others, since it's basically too big and look more like little "sharky" than some dangerous animal. :)

4. Stark

Hello!

Does anybody know where I can buy coin capsules for D&D coins? White shark is in murky aquarium and would love to see cleaner one. Coin is a little thicker and can't fit into "standard" Leuchtturm 1 oz capsule. I know that opening coin capsules isn't recommended but current capsule won't do must justice either. Perth Mint could replace it, but since coin was purchased on feeBay that is no go... :/

Thanks!

Much appreciated. :)

5. Scyb

Scyb Member Silver Stacker

Some ebay guys just sell the packaging. Might be able to ask if they just sell the capsules

6. Stark

Thanks!

Will check it out. :)

7. Jcoin

Jcoin New Member

I've always wondered how the hell people get around doing that. I mean, is the packaging available to buy from official dealers? or have they purchased the coins and then seperated? I can't imagine a D&D without the packaging/cert would be worth much...

8. Stark

They've probably thrown the coin away since packaging looks nicer. :p

9. barsenault

I think when they grade coins, they sell the packaging, since they are slabbed and certified as authentic by grading company...so, no need to keep packing. IMHO

10. barsenault

11. Stark

Yeah, as I've said. Red Spider was huge success. The rest are rather trying to survive its poison... I've got White Shark for around 110...

12. Scyb

Scyb Member Silver Stacker

Yah I offloaded my snake i bought on date of release asap. Think the series has realized its full milking potential already

13. Stark

I think that it would be better for me to bought other coins instead of D&D. :/

Hopefully the same won't happen to Tiffany art or some other coins.

Don't want to sound like I don't like D&D coins but I would change all of my D&Ds for Red Spider. ;) :cool:

14. barsenault

Stark, really? Is the Red Spider that good? I mean, the D&D are nice too. Did the Red Spider go from 90.00 to over 1,000 overnight? Isn't that a 2006 coin. Maybe in time the others will go up in value? Maybe not like e Red Spide, but somewhat up and not down the toilet? LOL. I'm still a bit shocked that the yellow bellied are going for 74.00! Wow. If they go below 70.00, I'm rolling dice on a significant purchase to sell down the road...tic, toc. :)

15. barsenault

16. Stark

Well I must say, patience is the key. But, but :)

Sharky followed Red Spider year later. Someone was offering me for 200. I couldn't help myself but bid on feeBay. I've got it for 130 (I've made mistake before when mentioning I've bought it for 110). I doubt it will follow Red Spider footstep. Even if it will rise to 500, that would be still half less. And I doubt it will reach it (soon). Even more that would be almost incredible achievement. :)

If you are watching Tiffany art coin. They at double it's initial value very soon.

Maybe the biggest mistake of D&D is mintage. Having 1000 coins, instead of 5000 of each animal... that would be probably quit different.

I didn't buy yellow bellied because I have brown and I looks nicer to me. Haven't hold it, so can not give "correct" opinion but I think I will wait.