Is it goin' sub-1,200 $?

Discussion in 'Gold' started by TreasureHunter, Feb 12, 2015.

1. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to what is going to happen to the U.s. dollar, the Dow, the euro etc......and give us damn good reasons why.
    As for Armstrong, his reports are free.....that means you don't pay anything......you can ignore or consider his advice...it's your choice.
    He does not trade gold but he does have seminars.
    It is one thing to have an opinion but it is another to have the understanding to back the opinion. I have yet to read analysis that has consistently been as accurate as Armstrong and I have just about read them all. It is the foundation knowledge that is essential at the moment. Nothing happens that hasn't happened before.
    Just so you know, he was one of the first several years ago to see the inevitable rise in the U.S. dollar and gave the actual reason why....then identified the upcoming crisis in Asia where all the debt taken in U.S. dollars by private companies is going to come to a head and further add to the deflationary spiral we are in. Very little has been written about this but it is in the pipeline and you will soon hear about it as if it is a new discovery.

2. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Stop looking for prophets. Armstrong flogs DVDs etc. just as mentioned go to his site. PMs suit my needs look for what fits YOU. I'm not into people who claim to know the future. I find the assentation
    given the number of variables (infinite) that tradable long term economic predictions can be made with any degree of certainty laughable. Personally I find his theories of PI as a basis of predicting cycles up there with tin foil hats, UFOs and investing in beanie babies. I don't find his or any of the other 'O look I made a prediction' crowd interesting or convincing (including the ones who claim to get their predictions from UFOs).

The point at which you are following a man who has served time for financial malpractice for economic advise should be enough to make you wake up. If you have passed that point and invest your faith and finances in his claims of powers of financial prophecy means that you need to spend some time figuring out the blindingly obvious on your own

I ask again can you provide details of Armstrong's degrees in either economics or computer science?

I'm not hiring him. You go pay for his breakfast if you feel the urge to so strongly, in a way he already owns you already..

3. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

Thing is that the more popular people have the ability to make predictions reality. If everyone listening to armstrong thinks 2019 is the moment gold peaks and that triggers enough buying for people generally to think bull run then it becomes true even though there is no reason beyond the prediction for it to have happened.
    I don't think armstrong is popular enough for this to happen but I think a lot of the buying and selling around fibonacci levels and psychological levels like big round numbers happens that way.

Also, up $20aud since Thismorning. nice.

4. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Price projection is one thing....but the value in Armstrong is his grasp on economic fundamentals. It does not matter that he does not have a degree because those that have a wall full of degrees seem to be clueless. He has correctly anticipated the global capital flows for many, many years ....well before any other economist peiced it together. I notice now that others are starting to follow his thinking...several years later. It is one thing to recognise the capital flow when it is happening....but it is another thing to recognise the factors that will cause the flow before it occurs.

5. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Curious to know just how long you have been following Armstrong to say that he has correctly anticipated anything for many many years -
    Is your assertion based on your personal observations of his forecasts vs actual events or is it based on his own claims on his website ?

For example, I have followed Eric Janzen at itulip.com since 1998 and can tell you what he's gotten right - and wrong - based on my personal observation of his forecasts and how things actually panned out
    but Honestly I'd never heard of Armstrong until last year

6. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I followed Armstrong for a while and didn't see him get anything correct. Some of his claims of timing accuracy were so far past ridiculous you would have to be a cult member to believe them.