Is ex SAS soldier Ben Roberts Smith VC a war criminal ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by mrsilverservice, Sep 23, 2019.

1. mrsilverservice

mrsilverservice Well-Known Member

Ex SAS soldier Ben Roberts Smith VC is still being "investigated" for a "war crime" while fighting in Afghanistan in 2010 with the investigation now in it's 4th year :confused:

The two "witnesses" did not see the so called war crime but were there somewhere but called him out anyway,but I don't believe it :mad:

Another thing about this so called "investigation" that worries me is that I have heard that the Australian Army has been offering money for so called "witnesses" to come forth "with the truth as they saw it" :rolleyes:

Most people in Australia would lie for a few dollars,just imagine the queues in Afghanistan when Santa Claus comes calling searching (paying) for the truth o_O

I see it this way - this so called investigation into this so called war crime is about taking down the greatest soldier and white man that Australian has maybe ever produced,the ultimate alpha male :)

Real men scare people today because you don't see or hear them very much and they have to be killed :confused: real men are not woke in anyway :D

The ultimate endangered species,the white heterosexual male :eek:

-

-

-

-

The Book of Proverbs Chapter 13 verse 22

A good man leaves an inheritance to his childrens childrens,but the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous :)

2. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

war criminal, full stop.

willrocks and 66rounds like this.
  3. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We have a defense force. If it stayed a defense force, none of this would be an issue. Whenever you go marching along with imperial orders to the middle of nowhere, you can expect all these negative outcomes such as war crimes and self serving testimonials. It's the same issue with Navy seals and interdepartmental conflict in the US. It becomes nothing more than gangs fighting over turf and attacking each others reputation.

It has absolutely nothing to do with lefty liberals attacking traditional values.

openeyes, Slimey and willrocks like this.
  4. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It makes me wonder, what type of person proclaims the innocence of war criminals and convicted pedophiles, and labels it as some sort of grand conspiracy against white males?

precious roar, Revils and 66rounds like this.
  5. willrocks

6. mrsilverservice

Me :D another endangered white heterosexual male :) and Ben Roberts Smith VC is no war criminal because nothing has been or ever will be proven.

Are you a little jealous because he is more of a man than you are,have been or ever will be,from your rhetoric I would say it is proven :D just kidding :rolleyes:

And just in case you don't know GP is off to the Federal Court,I wonder if you and others will except the courts decision if he walks ;)

Personally I doubt it making you's complete and utter hypocrites which is no real surprise to me but time will tell :D

-

-

-

-

-

The Book of Proverbs Chapter 14 verse 11

The house of the wicked will be overthrown,but the tent of the upright will flourish :)

7. willrocks

George Pell is a convicted pedophile. Ben Roberts-Smith is an alleged war criminal whom other soldiers witnessed murdering innocent civilians who were already compromised physically. If these are the traits you regard as manly, then I suggest it is you that have serious problems. No, I'm not "just kidding".

SilverGull, bubblebobble2 and JulieW like this.
  8. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As we know this story has been doing the rounds for a couple of years now. In fact Roberts Smith is suing the SMH / Age / Canberra Times for defamation re an article on this subject in 2018. Due to go to court next year.

Major General Brereton and the AFP are investigating this matter (and others from the conflict) and have been doing so for some years including on the ground in Afghanistan. As an aside, Major General Brereton (Army Reserve since mid 1970's) is also a Justice of the Supreme Court of NSW and from those in the legal professional I know, he is considered a decent and fair person. Regardless of how this matter turns out, I hope that Roberts Smith is treated better (ie fairly based on the evidence than how Brigadier McDade treated some Commandos a few years back when she originally investigated the claims against them.

https://www.abc.net.au/austory/into-the-fog-of-war/7436054

https://www.abc.net.au/austory/into-the-fog-of-war-part-two/7448624

As an aside @mrsilverservice , GP isn't off to the Federal Court, he / his legal team have applied to High Court of Australia to be heard post losing their appeal in the Vic Supreme Court of Appeals. The High Court considers applications made to them, usually only on the submission papers without oral argument before deciding if the full bench of the High Court will hear the appeal. The High Court is under no obligation to progress any application made to a full bench hearing and if they do not agree to hear the case before the full bench of the High Court, then the matter is concluded with the immediate prior lower court ruling remaining in place. Any appeal to an appeals court inc High Court of Australia is not a re-run of the case in full, but can only focus on an error in the application of law which may have affected the courts ruling. From what senior legal counsel have told me, less than 30% of cases heard by the full bench of the High Court result in a lower court ruling being overturned. So GP has to first be granted approval to appeal, then his team have to win....the odds for GP are not favourable.

66rounds likes this.
  9. Slimey

Slimey Active Member

I would think it would be difficult for any potential witness to come forward. There are competing interests here. Speaking out against an ex-member of an occupying force that has the full support of the government that sent it there to begin with. They will put their family at risk by speaking out if it is true and they will put their family at risk if they don't. The first casualty of war is always truth.

66rounds and willrocks like this.
  10. 66rounds

You can't handle the truth.

mrsilverservice likes this.
  11. heartastack

heartastack Member

If you join the dots there is an ongoing (internal) attack against the culture of the special forces by the ADF itself. I think has a lot to do with other parts of the ADF historically resenting that they don't fall into line like regular soldiers. I also think what 66rounds is saying is relevant as well - the longer these wars go for the more the potential for the SAS to piss people off.. They see so much of the hardcore action in these kinds of wars because they are trained in guerrilla tactics (behind enemy lines). Whilst the regular army stands around in sand with flies in their face seeing no action and talking shit about the SAS … hah! (that's just me speculating btw)

12. mrsilverservice

All I can say is thank God for the ignore button,the silence is deafening :D

-

-

-

-

-

-

The Book of Proverbs Chapter 14 verse 19

The evil will bow before the good,and the wicked at the gates of the righteous :)

13. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ben Roberts Smith works for Channel 7. Channel 9 owns the SMH et al.

Go figure!

14. mal

mal Member

If you haven't served personally i don't believe you have any right to make any judgment

15. 66rounds

I think that's a bit of a cock up. If I have never been a school teacher doesn't mean I can't tell off my kids teacher for acting inappropriately around his female students. What sort of reality do you boot lickers live in where putting on a uniform or badge makes you above the law?

Edit: and just to head you off, my first stop after graduating year 12 was the local adf recruitment office. I went through 90% of the process before they declared me medically unfit for having broken my elbow jumping down a flight of stairs two years earlier.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    willrocks likes this.
  16. mrsilverservice

I think that comment calling man and woman who have served our country even unto death "boot lickers" is insulting and unnecessary and should be retracted,I liked to think that you are better than that :eek:

Plus the investigation into BRS VC has proven nothing even into it's 4th year o_O

If the soldiers in Papua New Guinea in WW2 did not fight and die you could be living in Japan today :confused:

I believe you can insult people but there is a limit.

-

-

-

-

-

The Book of Proverbs Chapter 17 verse 10

Rebuke is more effective for a wise man than a hundred blows to a fool :)

17. willrocks

So now only soldiers have a moral compass?

66rounds likes this.
  18. willrocks

They are serving globalist agendas, they were not in the service of protecting Australian soil.

66rounds and Davros10 like this.
  19. 66rounds

You stirring the pot is unnecessary. My comment is clear, the only bootlickers are those that want to suck up to anyone in a uniform. I'd like to think all mature and rational people would be willing to serve to defend their country, and I would be honoured to do so myself. My comment is not a reflection on any service member. It is a reflection on the mindless dolts that think a uniform makes you immune to all laws. BRS is not immune to the process of law just because he wears a uniform, and he deserves every right to the innocence he maintains until the process is finished.

For your information I had family members serve in a number of theatres in WW2. I am not a leftie, nor a mindless ass kissing right wing dolt. I'm just a realist.

BRS is not above the law, and he knew the game when he signed up. In war you can go from hero to zero as soon as the administration sees you as a threat. I feel our troops deserve our voice to keep them home to defend us, and not throw away their lives and reputations fulfilling imperialist goals overseas.

Spend half an hour in a recruitment office and you'll see the diversity that makes Australia great and worth defending. You'll also see that the uniform is just a piece of material, and it's the spirit beneath that determines whether the uniform becomes a symbol of hope for the defense of morality or a symbol of evil in pursuit of greed.

willrocks likes this.
  20. mrsilverservice

What if you wore the uniform of the Australian Army ;)

Your apology is accepted :D

-

-

-

-

-

The Book of Chapter 19 verse 22

What is desired in a man is kindness,and a poor man is better than a liar :)