Is Australia a third world economy ?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by renovator, Apr 13, 2012.

1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

You can buy land in the phils & other parts of the world like thailand & indonesia if you know how .

Foreigners can buy condominiums with no restrictions just not the land

2. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

I believe it's possible, just not worth the risk, if it doesnt involve partnerships with the locals, which to me is too risky, then the chances of being totally robbed and having your title reclaimed by the next government are even more hassle. After a close call in Cambodia, I've decided I'm better off pillaging my own country. Although I can't "negotiate" my way out of awkward business situations here, the chance of ending up in a prison because someones uncle wants my land are much slimmer. :eek:

3. DanDee

The knowing how is the tricky bit. I don't. and I don't trust foreign agents with nothing to lose tell me I've covered everything.

I don't like the idea of waking up one day to realise that the one little detail I ignored or missed is the one that's going to cost me dearly.
    I can see other countries saying " That's it enough is enough, if you don't belong here, get out, we're taking our shit back.
    Other Countries, yes, Australia,no, We'll just say"sure you have enough? Can we bend over a little more? help yourself.

4. Byron

Byron Guest

Egypt in the 50s and Zimbabwe in the 90s (ongoing) are great examples of what Dandee is referring to.

5. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I could ask the exact same question about two blacks who did the exact same thing, except they assaulted the people they pushed out of the queue as well!!
    However I'm not allowed to ask any such questions else I'm labelled as being racist ...

savvie??!!??

6. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

As far as I know it was a German who built the first motor car - a guy with the surname of Benz if I'm not mistaken!

:D

7. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

A third world country ????
    with all our welfare handouts, I doubt it !
    It is more like a puppy country.

8. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Have you ever seen a bald gay guy?? :lol:
    This may surprise you but real women prefer guys with high testosterone levels .... it's probably news to you mate, but long curly locks on your bontz and high testosterone levels aint bedmates :lol:

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

With all the welfare handouts attracting tens of thousands of third world bludgers every year it wont be too long before we're just another third world country

10. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

I don't like referring to people from third world countries as "bludgers".

The handouts I was referring to were more to our own home grown bludgers that have no excuse to "take" handouts !

11. DanDee

Here is my witty rejoinder...
    [​IMG]

12. DanDee

I think I have :lol:
    [​IMG]

13. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

that's cos we elect a bunch of tits into government :lol:

14. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

tough titties cos that's what over 90% of them end up being.

Oh so it's okay to give handouts to third world economic refugees from day 1 they land but somehow it's a much greater sin to give handouts to home-grown Australians who've actually contributed something significant to the system??

cr@p logic!

15. Byron

Byron Guest

Out of interest where did this happen?

16. Byron

Byron Guest

Only big business loves high immigration because it can get cheap workers working under shi@ conditions. And this has a flow-on effect to everyone else as big business slowly erodes our employment conditions, benefits and standard of living. Just ask the 500 or so Westpac workers that were outsourced by Indians and had to suffer the indignity of training them to boot. It is an absolute outrage so were the hell was Juliar and the Govt??? Nowhere to be seen or heard or do something.

Let's take care of our own people first then the world.....

17. BBQ

BBQ Member

Australia has first-world taxes.

18. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And the second highest worker wages and entitlements in the world. Workers in the USA are treated like serfs compared to those in Australia. I am sure that any American worker would love to have government mandated: 11 annual paid public holidays, 4 weeks paid annual leave with an additional 17.5% loading, 9.25% employer paid superannuation and penalty rates plus paid parental leave, paid sick leave and paid carers leave. No 3rd world economy treats it's workers like that.

19. Silber

Silber Member

Without trying to differenciate between wrong images, prejudices, misinformation, propaganda and "stupid things some people tend to say": I'd try to ask why he said that. From the context it is not clear how serious he meant it, and how sorious it should be taken. When you ask people (here, in Germany :D ) about the first things that come to their mind when they hear "Australia", the responses will most likely have to do with Kangaroos (Kangaroos, and even more Kangaroos ;) ), the Outback, Aboriginals, the Ayers Rock and untouched wilderness and nature. I don't think that's a bad thing. (Hey, at least better than what most people will first think of when they hear "Germany" :/ ). Of course, everybody knows that there are ... cities, with water and electricty ;) and it's not a third world economy, but maybe the guy who said that just wanted to provoke or has a effervescent self-esteem...

20. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Yay, nats want baby bonus to be 10g don't forget and the super is expected to be 12%