Is a sealed pack worth keeping intact ?

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Photonaware, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

Asking all you experts out there for advice please -

I just received a plastic sealed bag with 30 x 1oz 2011 Pandas.
    Each Panda is in its capsule and they are laid in a clear plastic tray of 5 x 6 cells each having two finger slots to remove the capsule.
    The tray is sealed in a transparent plastic bag and has a small Chinese sticker on it.

Should I keep the package intact ?
    - Obviously for now as it keeps the coin capsules scratch free and well protected, but if I choose to sell would this pack be worth more intact or does it matter ?
    For me, storage would be simpler if I removed the capsules and discarded the plastic tray.
    I know some collectors like to buy sealed stuff with original wrappings etc.

Thanks

2. tamo42

tamo42 New Member

Keep it sealed unless you want to get them graded. Even then, ship it in its sealed container.

Handling coins will only decrease their value!

3. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

hello .. i agree with tamo42

If you are planning to sell the entire pack in one transaction then it would be better to keep them sealed.

If you are planning to sell them individually then there is no problem separating them as long as you keep them in the hard plastic capsule then it is fine.

It is not really a big deal but I would try to keep the capsules from getting all scratched up as people like to buy coins such as this (or any coins) when it is apparent they have been cared for well.