Iran Wants War

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by hawkeye, Oct 17, 2012.

1. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol:

Trouble is it's sad when you think about it.

Edit to add: Actually it's a bit terrifying. Lucky the Good 'Ole are not terrorists so we got nothing to be frightened of. :rolleyes:

3. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

... dems fightin words. :rolleyes:

:(

4. shano73

shano73 Member

It will happen soon enough..............the Yanks need to take their minds off how crap their country is at the moment & the elections will be over....
    So either Obama-lama or Romney will start a war to win public favour (which means more oil/gas for a energy hungry nation or they will use the Iran has WMD exscuse.....it worked before)
    I'm sure they have everything in place to go at the drop of a hat........probably waiting for Syria to do something stupid like maybe.........start a war with Turkey............I'm sure the powderkeg fuse is getting shorter and shorter......:(

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I guarantee you that if you spent one day with an Iranian family, for all the cultural differences, on a fundamental level you'll have more in common with those people than any of the 'elite' of your own country.

The iranians don't even have one nuclear weapon, they're surrounded by them and yet, the west wants you to believe that these people need to be 'taken out' for the safety of everyone else.

How many arabic nation civilians have died since the coalition of the willing walked into the country and started playing with their nintendo toys?

Exactly who are the 'terrorists' again?

6. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

I always imagine how Americans would feel if the Russians or Chinese had military bases in Canada and Mexico and were constantly making threatening noises towards America to obey them or else. I wonder how Americans might feel in that situation. Would they be more likely to vote for calm, rational leaders or would they go for the tough guys promising to protect them? The height of the War On Terror fearmongering scam in 2004 may be a clue...

Not so different after all.

7. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

Probably a hell of a lot of truth in that. Too bad those families dont run the country.

8. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Active Member Silver Stacker

Not enough,I get it oz aussies are all arseholes but everybody else is all right .
    if you hate this country as you keep saying why dont you piss off overseas and be a happy little vegemite .

9. Nugget

Nugget New Member Silver Stacker

I don't have to imagine real hard

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwz7YAQj-r0[/youtube]

10. lucky luke

lucky luke Active Member Silver Stacker

How much effort would it take for "someone" to do something nasty to Turkey from the Syrian side (false flag attack), Turkey to retaliate, Syrian to in turn retailiate, then Turkey call in its NATO mates and kick the bejeezus out of Syria. End result? No more safe port for Russia in Syria, no more Assad, one more anti-Israel thorn, Iran further marginalised, Saudi Arabia happy as more Shiite muslims put back in their place, lots of happy faces allround (except for the dead Syrians along the way).

Syria won't do anything stupid but "some-one" else will in terms of lighting the fuse to that powderkeg. The ducks have already been all lined up.

11. lucky luke

You've just gone up a couple of notches on my due respect scale. Good comment.

12. honey stacker

honey stacker New Member Silver Stacker

One of my friends is Iranian, he was a soldier in the Iran, Iraq war. He's a good guy but tough as nails, I like it he's a friend and not an enemy. Anyway once when his dad visited from Iran we were sitting in the lounge room having a good old conversation. My friend thought it was the funniest thing he'd seen as I don't speak Persian and his dad doesn't speak English.

I think all the working class and middle class of the planet would get along well if we didn't have those A**eholes at the top picking fights for us and we could truly choose our own leaders (if we really need them at all).

13. lucky luke

Are you trying to make friends? :rolleyes:

14. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Because he would last about 5 minutes before they stoned him to death or shot him for speaking out against the regime

15. Harrisball

Harrisball Member

Both Russia and China have openly warned the U.S about attacking Iran, if they wanted to sign their own death certificate then feel free to attack Iran I suppose...