Inside trader - funny observation

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by SilverSanchez, May 14, 2012.

1. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Business needs to make money - inside trader is no different. Below is an email i got from them today

The Nielsen Supply Demand Indicator is a good tool to use to pick up stocks that have been oversold. What you normally see is a fall in price followed by a pick up in buyer demand. Gindalbie Metals (GBG) is a prime example of this sort of activity. It looks good on a technical basis and may be oversold. There could be a short term rally in it.

Gindalbie Metals Ltd. engages in the exploration, evaluation, and development of iron ore projects in Australia. It principally holds interest in the Karara iron ore project located in the Mid West region of Western Australia. It has its first test shipment of magnetite concentrate scheduled for the September quarter 2012. All of its primary infrastructure remains on schedule to be completed ahead of the processing plant.

Inside Trader comments:
    * Smart money has begun entering the stock after the recent fall in price.

* In addition to the above, buyer demand has begun rising indicating that it may have been oversold.

* Broker recommendations have increased.

All this seems fine but my logical mind read "Smart money has begun entering the stock after recent fall in price"
    And I wondered - how the hell would you know the quality of the money being invested? How do you know its not dumb money?
    I then thought - well if i was a stock valuation firm I would consider people who buy in line with my recommendations as 'smart' as well - it sells more subscriptions making people feel dumb when they don't believe you :)

Just a funny thing I noticed at the glance - the subtle word games

For all i know this stock might jump 20% and they were right - im only saying about the word play

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

The question is not bias vs unbiased as everyone is biased, the question is what bias is the best bias to be biased about :)

3. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

How can I judge that unbiasly?