ING EFT vs Other Banks... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by silverbait, May 15, 2020.

1. silverbait

silverbait Active Member Silver Stacker

Hello everyone,

As I try to transfer money from my ING account to 1st time new account *other acc is Commbank, ING tells me I have exceeded maximum amount of real time payments for the day *which is false as it was my only transfer for the day, a few days actually*

When I do use my other accounts with Westpac or Commbank it seems to be much better.

Bottom line ING became so inconvenient I am considering just using it for overseas payments etc as it saves a bit. Last time I was transferring to my other accounts from ING it did the same thing and took 3 days to arrive Friday morning transfer hit my account Monday about 2pm... In the days of instant payments I was without needed funds my own money 3 days...

Clearly I am missing something.

2. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have an ING account too. It's ok but they limit "real time" OSKO payments to only $1000 per day. Others like NAB and WBC allow you to use OSKO up to your maximum daily limit amount.

The only option to do higher amounts than 1K is a regular bank transfer. If you do that before 4 or 5pm then the receiver should get it next day.

Occasionally it has a glitch when you make a regular bank transfer. It comes up saying "you have exceeded your maximum daily limit" or something like that. If you know for a fact that you haven't then click on through regardless of the message and it should still go through. This will do nothing for the 1K limit on real time payments though. I'm only there for the Savings Maximiser higher interest rate, otherwise others could be better, hope that helps.

silverbait likes this.
  3. silverbait

silverbait Active Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the advice on that.
    When it comes to banking I always try to look for alternatives. It's still good to work with few.