Inflation

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by mmm....shiney!, Jan 16, 2021.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

66rounds likes this.
  2. mmm....shiney!

3. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

Anyone watch windbag powell today? Same ole speech, whole lotta nothin.

4. mmm....shiney!

His "whole lotta nothin" sent the DXY to it's highest level in 20 years and the SPX, POG and BTC down. Trivialise what he says at your financial peril. ;)

precious roar likes this.
  5. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

For me he said little, but his tone and words came across very strong. I think he's going full Volcker (i doubted he would), so it's now up to the stupidity of the market to determine how high rates go.
    If people keep leveraging up on stocks, housing etc.. then rates will keep going up until they stop. So keep hiking until it breaks, just as Joseph Wang has been saying.

So in short it's a game of chicken, who will turn first the FED or the market.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022 at 3:14 AM
    Real $, 66rounds and mmm....shiney! like this.
  6. mmm....shiney!

That's a good way of describing it.

And as far as Oz goes, I'm sure Lowe had the odd quiet word to Chalmers and Albo regarding the reintroduction of the fuel levy. Probably along the lines of "Just do it", for the same reason.

leo25 likes this.
  7. JohnnyBravo300

Its not what he says that affects the markets. Its they way he says it.

Real $ likes this.
  8. mmm....shiney!

Well I listened to what he said and his responses in question time and I'm extremely concerned. He can use the word "pain" to describe what is required ahead of us but he wouldn't have the first idea of what real pain is.

These guys are destroying lives in an attempt to justify their jobs and their flawed economic paradigm.

As @leo25 said its a game of chicken to them, if the market over leverages housing and stocks it's because these guys and their banking buddies created the economic environment that encouraged it in the first place. Who's not going to get into RE or shares when the alternative is a negative rate of return at your local bank?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022 at 9:34 AM
    precious roar and Real $ like this.
  9. Real $

Real $ Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Apart from Poppa Powell's dribbling and everyone including governments following his actions with reactions...I'm speculating that no one's buying the fear just yet? ;) To much ongoing pain with a pivot to far off in the distance, it's a fine line between how far to push.

10. mmm....shiney!

^ yep, I'm pushing my buying back until Dec FOMC meeting at this stage. I'm happy to buy in 2 -3 months months too early, not 6 months though when anything can happen in that time frame. Not looking for the bottom, just near it. Wish me luck :p

11. Real $

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  12. JohnnyBravo300

They could tell sheeple that a mask will protect them from the crash and they would be double masking alone in their cars again.

I dont have hope for most idiots after the last two years tho. Most are probably just gonna be screwed.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022 at 1:03 PM
    Real $ likes this.
  13. JohnnyBravo300

I dont mean to sound so brash but this really gets to me.
    Ive been preaching to everyone i know from the rooftops that this was coming and no one would listen.

Ive been walking my mom of 71 through this crash while she watches her savings and retirement evaporate before her eyes and the best she can say is that "at least she wont have to pay as much taxes next year".
    I tell her that IS NOT an investment strategy and successful investors dont do that.
    She will only listen to her broker since he went to college and im just a dumb asphalt worker it feels like.
    She refuses to buy even one ounce of gold and she thinks im crazy for all these years of stacking and saving outside the banks.

She says it will be "interesting to see what happens" but it will be more than that. Much much more than that.

Ive sent her articles and videos for years and years and even the basic elementary videos from Mike Maloney that even a 3rd grade child can understand, she doesnt care.

Her generation was the "buy and holders" of the stock market and everything they are invested in depends on that and she believes it. It always goes up.

She says she doesnt understand economics and i tell her its not complex, its 3rd grade math.
    When i talk about Bidens spending she gets defensive and thinks im bashing her man.
    Then she goes on about maga republicans and how they might be terrorists and gets all political on me when she knows i hate all those fuckers with a passion, left right and whatever they claim to be.

So....damn....frustrating!

Real $ likes this.
  14. Real $

It matters not the age or even the education or generation of some people tho must say older generations typically have much more commonsense then my generation and far more then whatever the hell is happening with the "non binary" products of society today. Try as we might to help, to enlighten to wake people up some are content and safe within their bubbles and stubbornly refuse to see any alternative, it's def frustrating and can turn awkward...in their eyes I see an image of a tinfoil hat which I accept proudly as a crown haha ;) we can only do what we can mate

15. precious roar

precious roar Active Member

If she is going to live another couple of years, she (JohnnyBravo's mum) is much better off with stocks. As she was over the last 10 years plus.

Real $ and JohnnyBravo300 like this.
  16. mmm....shiney!

Don't be too sure, many are as brainless as fck. Being foolish is not the exclusive right of the young. ;)

Real $ and JohnnyBravo300 like this.
  17. JohnnyBravo300

What if the massive head and shoulders plays out with the major indices on the monthly.
    People think the little one we are in now is bad.
    Dow 6000 would ruin alot of lives.

Theres only an 85 percent chance if it forms that last shoulder i guess. Its not a certainty

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022 at 2:26 AM
  18. Real $

Like to have both :) the environment were in seems to be ensuring we have enough time to buy both at good prices

precious roar likes this.