Inflation news - going backwards with a boom

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by JulieW, Oct 22, 2012.

1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I know thats the way your supposed to do it but i wait until the blood sits on top of the meat after youve turned it then turn it again for a minute to get the cooked blood for the gravy

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Nothing wrong with that, that's medium.

edit to add: but I'm only talking turn it once. Put it on the grill, wait till the juices form at the top, then turn. Don't turn it twice.

3. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^ Sorry I meant "quality of chicken".

Maybe we should turn this into a cooking thread? I cook great potatoes (but crap nearly everything else) :lol:

4. bordsilver

...and good point RE kebabs. I forgot about those.

5. mmm....shiney!

we've had one of those in the past :lol:

6. renovator

Yep & even a vegetarian one which from memory was good for a few laughs :D

7. mmm....shiney!

Obviously you use a flat plate or you couldn't save the juices for gravy. And like I say to my customers, it's not blood, that drained away when the beast was killed. It's juice, juice.

8. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not juice, water. Tell them the cows drink the water where mount franklin spring water comes from and they'll all want some. :D

Charge them extra for a "spring-water steak". :lol:

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I see your point but regardless I beleive auspm has some good points. Maybe if the younger members took on board a bit of what aus sais and did the same of you or even that informative but uncouth guy who talks about real estate it would be beneficial for them.

10. Kawa

Kawa New Member

If its 7% of $10,000,000 then that's worth getting out of bed for at least 12 months?

11. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's why it's easier to buy a business as a going concern. I've done that from my own savings.

12. bordsilver

+1.
    I'm not some fantastic entrepreneur (yet). Besides my first part time business which had minimal set up costs (mostly time and a few $'000 in cash), to date I've only gone into existing operations.

The specific details are no doubt wrong but when my brother started out, he worked from home for the first few months before getting enough cash flow to get an office and start hiring staff. From there it was essentially incremental expansion through organic growth for the next couple of years at which stage he started doing bolt-on acquisitions. It was either the second or third of which that needed him to look for investors which I believe were a mix of others already in the business but with a couple of large silent equity partners. One of the biggest issues was being willing to bid for large new contracts that required large recruitment and rapid expansion to occur if they won. That's a pretty big risk to take on and requires very good logistical skills (which he possesses). Hearing stories on the side, it hasn't all been smooth sailing. Integrating pre-existing businesses with completely different cultures and business models can be a bit tricky and can send people undone very quickly. I reckon if I tried the same things I'd totally screw it up within 12 months.

Primarily I think the message we're trying to tell you is that it is not necessary to succeed and fund growth through ponzi bank debt. Yes, millions of people do it, but millions of people also don't understand the nature of the banking system.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

No you dickhead. I give you crap because you lord over the debtor 'it's my way or the highway' ideology day and night around here and assume any and all future results are based on your personal experience.

You have absolutely no concept or appreciation of sound and ethical business that doesn't step from borrowing and fail to appreciate that when you started in your game, the climate was different.

Your investment business is participation in a rigged ponzi scheme and you label anyone who's not willing to jump in on a bottom rung an 'idiot'?

You stand up and denounce those who cannot (or will not leverage) to get ahead and say 'get a better job' without considering the rammifications of such a statement.

What of our core service working industry in this country? Teachers, Nurses, Cops, Ambos, Garbos and other essential service workers?

If they complain about the cost of living whilst being stuck on a fixed, non-negotiable wage whilst the debtors continue to devalue cash in the system through endless leveraged speculative investment, what's your answer?

Essentially, that they should all go get another job that pays more, join the same scam you're into and the magical whiny fairly will pick up the slack to keep society functioning so you can continue to siphon from it?

You live in a delusional world where the ends always justify the means, no matter what the cost or who is harmed in the process.

I give you crap because you're just one of a series of debtor speculators I've heard spout endless industry propaganda for years, based on greed or fear (you've selected both in the past) and then denounce anyone or anything who doesn't adopt the same ideal.

In this thread already you claimed that 'Well i would say that he is a very smart man & not indicative of 99% of people or businesses' - Clearly and obviously, this includes yourself which is why you piss on anyone who denounces your methods and assumes that if you can somehow make it where you couldn't, they MUST be in that magical 1%?

You are so narrow in your mindset you don't entertain the possibility of doing anything a different way. You constantly denounce the system for it's corruption and then say that playing their rigged game is the only (smart?) way of getting ahead.

Perhaps if you were raised properly in a nurturing environment you wouldn't be so socially retarded and narrow minded in your methods?

This is the reason why I don't detail a damn thing to you about my personal financial and economic situation. Not only is it none of your damn business anyway, but I know you'll simply use it as another dick waving contest to further justify your own mindset.

Others here have detailed other methods of getting ahead, without debt and leverage and look how quickly you shit all over them?

I absolutely wouldn't even waste my time trying to convince you of any other solution because at the end of the day, you don't care anyway and will still assume your method was the best, regardless.

14. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One of your worst posts to date. Simple-minded. Black & white. Belligerent. And downright stupid. You'd be cheering Marie Antoinette when she said "Let them eat cake". :|

15. lucky luke

:rolleyes:

16. lucky luke

You really have no idea.

17. lucky luke

It would seem that you base your entire credibility on this site on your supposed financial success (implicitely at the expense of others). What appears seriously lacking is any culture, ethics, morality, social obligation/responsibility etc. In short, your experience and knowledge is shallow in terms of its value to the majority of people who know what the term "community" means.

Edit: :) Four posts in a row over the last half an hour. A bit quiet around here. Guess I'm the only dole bludger on the forum while every-one else must be out working hard to put food on the table.

18. lucky luke

Sanctimonious B/S.

19. renovator

Because you got nothing but words . & they will not give you the freedom you desire so much

20. renovator

Should have known the serial private message abuser would be around in time .. Your reputation on the forum is well known & you have the hide to put crap on me for trying to help people . .You & auspm need to get together one day & throw insults & swear & threaten each other..... that sounds like a hoot .......birds of a feather . You call it sanctimonious i call it the truth