Inflation news - going backwards with a boom

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by JulieW, Oct 22, 2012.

1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I think they got the words small business & great idea mixed up ...they sound the same if you say it really fast .... :p:

2. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So what's wrong with saving some cash before going into business?

They're not "backing their own ability" by borrowing. They're asking everyone to carry them, via the bankers running their factional reserve ponzi scheme.

My wife is an accountant, she used to do tax returns for small businesses. The number of small business owners who couldn't run a chook raffle, let alone a business is astounding. The number of these winding up in the first few years shocked me.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Times were easier back in the day. I don't see what all the fuss is about...it's not like auspm is a dole bludger or something. if you think he,s coming acros s as whining about how hard things are (which I don't) why waste energy telling him this

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Yep, totally agree with you there. Every dickhead with an idea or desire wants to open a shop. How many bullion companies have we seen here? The majority of small business owners that failed that your wife has had experience with should never have opened a business in the first place.

But what if you really know your shit, and want to remain independent but want to maximise your potential? Borrowing from a bank is your only and best option.

You prove your case as a borrower, the lender does their homework, and it's all go from there.

5. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree.
    He seems to have been labelled whiney because he won't salute others for their "awesomeness".
    Why they care so much I have no idea. :/

6. renovator

I think you need to start your own business then tell us about how your buying stock paying wages /super maybe some rent & then tell us how you go with your savings that you had before you started it . Most savings from my experience get sunk into the expansion phase then one day it runs out . The business is usually going good but further expansion would put you on the next level this is where the debt comes into the equation .

If you have succeeded in doing so share your experience & how you done it so others can benefit from your experience & knowledge .

7. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So how are these guys going to expand. How would borrowing possibly help make their business model more profitable?

Maybe it's the vegans running them out of business ;)

8. mmm....shiney!

I'm thinking geewiz was being a bit sarcastic there.

9. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

I do take in some cash but always receipted and declared as drawings. That is my folding money for day to day expenses. I have never had a card for the hole in the wall and won't have a clue how to withdraw money like that.

I do discourage most clients from paying cash because of security plus then having to deposit it in a hole in the wall. I don't like having to carry a lot of money for change.

Kind Regards
    non recourse

10. mmm....shiney!

Fuck the vegans. A parasite on our meat eating world.

Borrow and buy every butcher shop in the area. Borrow and move to a better premise. Borrow and advertise. Borrow and plow some of the profits into property. Borrow and buy the local vegetarian cafe, and then close it down :lol: Remember, the shop front is only one face of the business.

11. renovator

I label him as a whinger because he wont put his money where his mouth is . He comes on here all guns a blazing with the same shite day in & day out so we offer up solutions & he just turns to name calling & insults . If you have children you should know the routine "i dont want to " & you saying its in their best interests if they do ...nothing more than that one day he might get it through his thick head that his aversion to debt & alternative money making is whats keeping him down not the fractional reserve banking cartel

Geewiz it took the same determination back then that it does today it just takes longer . The principles havent changed.

12. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

Lets talk butchers, why hasn't someone come up with a similar business model to Leanords (Chickens) and franchised it ?

It is just chicken, but they are very popular. Imagine a meat variety ? Not a butcher never want to be one, but just thinking out loud based on the last few comments.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

.. Am serious

14. mmm....shiney!

Unfortunately, franchises are the way many small businesses are heading. But in reality, they're not a small business, just someone with a bit of cash buying into someone elses idea.

Running a franchise takes no more skill than owning a syndicated racehorse or managing a SMSF with esuperfund.

You can pretend you own a racehorse or own a cafe, but the small business model and the product is provided for you, all you have to do is provide the funds and the commitment.

15. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There are some successful butchers around. Mostly they are doing something different.

As a consumer, I find that a key issue is that quality chicken is largely a product of value-adding through ingredients/marketing that any random joe can cook it at home without screwing it up whereas quality red meat (notably cow) is a product of ageing, marbling etc that requires a good understanding of how to prepare/cook.

You can't really cock up chicken or beef mince but you can easily piss away a $70/kg wagyu if you don't know what you're doing.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree that a person needs determination to make it in any decade. I also beleive that we as individuals have to work with what we are given and if times are tough we need to get on with it and get tougher.

I don't see the point of butting heads with somebody with different thinking. I can understand if you genuinely care for aus's financial well being

17. mmm....shiney!

Am disappointed

18. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

:lol: So.... going to a bank with a buisness plan and cash flow projections to borrow to enable you not only to build a business but also employ people and earn assessable income is your distorted idea of a ponzi.....?

The reality is 80% of businesses fail in the first five years and 80% of what is left fail in the second 5 years? Why? because sadly we are all taught to go to school to learn to be good little employees. We all start out as fiscal pygmies. The tax system is not set up to advantage employees because those income tax dollars come from the employers who pay the wages.

I wouldn't be too critical of any mum and dad buisnesses that fail at least they have a go. The problem is like some on this site they lack vision, believe that things will happen because they just want to be left alone to float along and coup de grace... they have no plan A, B or...c when TSHTF

Kind Regards
    non recourse

19. renovator

Ive said it before i do it for the younger members so they dont get impressed by his long winded posts ( he has got a way with words ) they sound good but when you scratch deeper they have no substance only morality & morality wont feed you or pay the bills I know how impressionable young people are & dont want them to be in the same position as him at his age ...

Believe it or not i dont hate him at all i feel a bit sorry for him to be honest .To be middle aged with no assets no family home & no outlook or plan for the future to change his situation iwould be soul destroying & sometimes i understand why he is so angry but im the type of person who doesnt pass it on .if you know what i mean . Weve all met someone who has had a problem then upsets everybody around then turning the whole scene to crap . & i feel he does that here at times..passing on the negatives in his own life to others . Myself & others try to put a positive spin onto an otherwise grey area that depresses a lot just to think about it . Theres nothing wrong with shining the light so people can make their own way out .

20. mmm....shiney!

You are serious?

There is no such thing as quality chicken, or if there is, it's only what you raise yourself. Chicken meat is the most boring flavourless substance on the planet only surpassing tofu burgers or mouldy socks or old newspaper.

You are correct though when you talk about value adding, it is an integral part of providing a service. Most butchers have have kebabs or marinated meats already prepared, as do coles and Woolies. As far as a good understanding how to buy or cook quality red meat? Just do this, go to a butcher, ask for a quality cut of meat. Then take it home, using a bbq with a grill not a flat plate chalk up both burners fully hot, super fucking hot, after it is super fucking hot turn off one side, chuck the meat on the turned off side, after a couple of minutes turn the meat sideways to get a criss-cross pattern (not coz it tastes any better just because it looks good), then after a couple of minutes flip the cut of meat onto the other half off the grill, light up the used side, turn off the side you are cooking with. Then relax.

Of course if this sounds too difficult just use an everdure e-Churrasco, you cannot fuck up a steak on one of these, as long as you buy quality and only flip it once. They are dirt cheap, buy 2 or 3 of them while you are at it.

I'll know if you flip it more than once, i can smell it from here. :mad: