Inflation news - going backwards with a boom

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by JulieW, Oct 22, 2012.

1. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They want to pay in cash, unless they specifically asked you to do something dishonest, what is stopping you from taking cash, recording it in your books, and doing the 'honest' thing?

I've had people pay me in cash numerous times, I always accept. It is then my decision what I do with that cash.

On the other hand if they specifically state something to the effect of "I'll pay you cash if you can knock off the GST", that may be a different scenario.

I went to buy a business with my brother. It was almost entirely cash-in-hand, and the owners didn't keep very good records. The business was turning over nearly double what he stated, and we only paid a fraction of his asking price, slightly above the replacement cost of the equipment.

2. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

My definition of life is have fun . No money no fun . I wasnt a needy kid i could go to the fridge & get my own drink if i was thirsty.My parents were there when i needed them . I think lifes a balancing act & those who get it right can have the best of both worlds .

I think your post highlights something i feel is very important . The need to bring your kids up to be independent something i think SOME parents dont do .

3. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How can they do that when most parents today don't raise their children?

Its got nothing to do with being needy, you completely misunderstood the meaning. its sad that you couldn't understand what i meant by it.

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Re: debt

Yes I do notice the similarities and I do remember you posting this a number of times. I'm sure the stock market types here wouldn't agree with it, and I'm sure there's others that would find it offensive, however the right hand side of that poster always reminded me of the protestant work ethic, if you get my drift, an ethic to which I know you would be morally opposed. As am I.

However, the money lender has had a bad rap over the millenia, but you take the good with the bad I guess. Hypothetically, what would you do if you were possessed with talent, yet short on shekels? Wouldn't it be morally right to borrow in order to make the most of your skills, giving yourself and your family the opportunity to be blessed with abundance?

That may be your view on why we are a part of this online community, but it's evidently not shared by all. Do not judge others based upon the same criteria you judge yourself, or else you'll be sorely disappointed on many occasions.

5. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

whats wrong with cash? In a world where we are taxed on a myth I've already coughed up enough to accept a cash payment here and there.

6. renovator

i know what you meant ....the comfort thing which i think breeds needy kids . A few hours a day with other people helps kids adjust to others so i dont see any harm in going to a friends place after school for a few hours until the parents get home ..As for day care most kids wont even remember it when theyre older so no harm done

7. renovator

Here here .......

8. mmm....shiney!

Except that it reduces your ability to borrow.

9. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And that's a bad thing? Isn't borrowing how the world got into such a mess?

10. mmm....shiney!

Tell me willrocks, how is it possible for a business to expand if you don't borrow?

11. leo25

m8 you have no clue what I'm talking about and it show strong in your words. how can you understand something you clearly never experienced.

As for producing needy kid, ill say no more then someone that didn't have that upbringing and are now needy by relying on the governments dole money. Most ethnic kids had this upbringing and they are some of the hardest workers of all. Its sad you think a strong family bond is a bad thing.

12. renovator

ask your rich parents ? :p: oh thats right theyre not rich or think its a hairbrained scheme anyway . ........off to the bank with the relevant paperwork & give it a shot .

Willrocks debt isnt a bad thing if properly managed Regardless of your or auspms ideoligy its a neccessary evil to keep the big wheel turning .There just isnt enough cash in peoples hands to do the job.

13. leo25

Savings?

14. renovator

Thats where your wrong i understand exactly what your talking about . I grew up in the far outer western suburbs of sydney where ethnics were the majority & most of my friends were ethnics of some sort & i can tell you that i had both worlds at different times times when there was someone home & other times when they had to work so my opinion is based on experience .
    Can i ask why you think if your mum is home to spoon feed you an icecream in the arvo it creates a stronger family bond than if she got home 2 hours later?
    I think a strong family bond is a great thing & know that it has a lot more to it than being home when you get home from school . :)

15. mmm....shiney!

bwahahahahahaha

16. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1. It's not rocket science. Just like your first car or whatever you simply save cashflow from the business. If you don't have enough cash to take advantage of a burning opportunity, sell equity to someone who does. If you want to dilute but maintain control have voting and non-voting shares and so on and so forth.

17. renovator

:D.................................................................... :lol:

18. mmm....shiney!

bwahahahahaha

19. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1

See http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-32236-civil-liberties-rest-upon-sound-money.html

20. renovator

Oh sell out to someone so you only get half the profit of something you built up with your own blood sweat & tears . voting & non voting shares ? what ? so your still expanding your business to give the profits to others Defeats the purpose dont you think ? you might aswell carry on the way you are .