In Celebration of the upcoming Olympics,shoutout to all UK panda fans

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by jc888888888, Jul 26, 2012.

1. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

A FAIRLY NICE OLYMPIC TORCH, GO USA! Dont fall asleep on me Reggie:) A Yennus favorite Panda design with a twist /torch privy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Darn nice coin IMHO ,anything on it is just dust,I would love to grade it:)Peter was right NGC no go:(

2. 25Grizzlies

25Grizzlies Member

Wow Jc88s, you are full of surprises! Great coin man, not sure the torch on this coin has anything to do with the Olympics, does anyone know?

I can't watch/stand the Olympics... but Id have that coin!

(I must retract that, I wouldn;t buy this coin)

3. Reggie Perrin

Reggie Perrin New Member

There was an interesting thread on these a while back.. The German's did it

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-26996-1992-torch-mint-mark.html

I'm working in London ATM :( ; traffic's a nightmare, so there's no way the USA team will get to the stadium... it's all part of the UK's masterplan to win all the medals :)

P.S. if we accidentally mix your Country's flag up with another Country's... sorry

(we accidentally displayed the south korean flag instead of the North Korean's last night, this didn't go down too well... we're blaming Google :rolleyes: )

4. jc888888888

PCGS grades the coin with this description 1992-P CHINA OLYMPIC TORCH PRIVY PANDA 10 YUAN SILVER PROOF 1oz COIN PCGS PR69 DCAM

5. 25Grizzlies

25Grizzlies Member

I saw one for real in SH... I think it was Xu who had it? Needless to say I wasn't going to buy... his coins are way too expensive.

6. jc888888888

nice inventory, but he is a pirate :)

7. jc888888888

no worries :) We got Mitt Romney over there shooting his mouth off like an idiot :) so the flag thing would be tit for tat:)

8. серебро

серебро New Member

My First 92 panda was from him and the omp had been resealed. Got a refund and haven't even looked at his store since

9. 25Grizzlies

25Grizzlies Member

He's stating if the coins have been resealed now on the ads. Re-sealing isnt necessarily a terrible thing.. it does airtight the coins from further degradation. Of course it may or may not have been submitted for grading and cracked out... but if it's spot free plus great eye appeal (watertight return policy... Xu has one) really I hav eno problem with resealed coins.

10. jc888888888

"There was an interesting thread on these a while back.. The German's did it"

your right Reg interesting thread , I could raise some neck hairs by saying that German thing is a load of sh.. ,no one on either side of the coin (bad pun intended:) has one inkling of proof that the German dealer engraved apx 1000 coins ,or the other side who say eyewitness accounts have been documented from workers at the shanghai mint who said it was done at the mint and far less than 1000 where engraved ............and that is the 1 set of facts in the story, no one knows for sure!!!, that's what makes the coin interesting and controversial. ........... cant wait to see the opening ceremony.......

11. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

WOW Hey Reggie I have to give high accolades to my brothers there in The United Kingdom, what an AWESOME opening ceremony the British have accomplished for these 2012 Olympics ! A spectacular event, my wife and I watched it with our 19 month old son who marched around the living room with his flag while cheering and clapping. It's just my opinion but anyone who did watch the opening ceremony and say they were not impressed had to obviously be deficient in the sensory department of sight & sound.

Although many of these sports are not regularly broadcasted on television here in the US, I find myself drawn to watch as much of the Olympic games as possible. Earlier I watched cycling, swimming and water polo which are sports I would typically not watch but to witness the true test of human endurance in all of these sports is absolutely amazing.

To witness 204 countries come together in such brilliant organization and tremendous sportsmanship is nothing short of a miracle. Congratulations to your country Reggie for doing a phenomenal job at hosting these games.

12. Reggie Perrin

Reggie Perrin New Member

Hi Comeaux

Thanks for your comments, and I'm glad you and your family enjoyed it. Although you must have been awake most, if not all night?

I have to admit that when they opened the show with the 'green and pleasant country' clich shot my heart sank.. it sank even further when I saw they had a live flock of sheep and half a dozen Geese. The next 15 minutes were jaw dropping; a full on decent into chaos with the complete destruction of the 'green and pleasant clich. Then... Mr Bean... The queen parachuting out of a helicopter... child catchers ... luminous moths on bicycles :)

Ok, history took a pasting, but for the entertainment value it was well worth it, and my family thoroughly enjoyed it as well. :)

Personally; I've just spent the past two days mainly watching Archery of all things.

Anyway I was wondering how the show was perceived by people outside the UK, so thanks and good luck to your Country in the games, and all the other Silver Stacker's Countries :)

cheers
    Reggie

P.S. Plus we got everyone's flag right, and we didn't accidentally set fire to the 'hill' where they planted the flags... bonus! :)

13. jc888888888

FANTASTIC REGGIE!! Well done, all eyes in my house where glued to Women,s cycling ,exciting ,Congrat,s on the silver we where all cheering the young lady on!