IMF calls for dollar alternative

Discussion in 'Currencies' started by goldpelican, Feb 11, 2011.

1. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/10/markets/dollar/index.htm

2. perthsilver

perthsilver Member Silver Stacker

That would make life interesting.

The IMF is controlled by the US.

I guess its better for the US to have its dollar included in the reserve currency, than dumped all together to be replaced by the Yuan/Renminbi.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

This isn't the first time they have talked of the SDR in recent times. There's also rumblings of a Gold reserve out there as well, not to mention talking of the Yuan.

I think it's very difficult to predict exactly what will play out, but I am confident enough to say that regardless of what the official line is, unless they include gold in the equation at a level that's acceptable by the wider public, then it'll fail.

I know I certainly don't trust anything by the real deal. I have no plans on plugging myself back into the Matrix and forget what I already know.

But what will be VERY interesting is how they reprice commodities under a SDR standard. We could see a massive upswing in wealth gain simply from switching to SDR, an effective revaluation as it were, without the need of confiscation.

I think considering WHO actually holds the majority of the Gold, that's a definite possibility.