I'm quite dumb with these things so help would be appreciated

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Bullion Stacker, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Bullion Stacker

Bullion Stacker Member

So I stumbled across a company which its cod is 'DMX', now I am not really into shares but this share closed at 0.013 and its dividends pay 0.02 per 6 months... Am I not seeing something?

Sorry as I said i'm not into shares so yes can someone please explain this? Thanks

2. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

On February 15 2012, the assets and shares of Dolomatrix International Ltd ("DMX") subsidiaries were sold to Tox Free Solutions Ltd (www.toxfree.com.au ) for $58 million ("transaction").

The operating subsidiaries sold include; BCD Technologies Pty Ltd, Chemsal a division of Dolomatrix Australia Pty Ltd, Dolomatrix Environmental Solutions Pty Ltd, Entech Industries Pty Ltd, Hazwaste Pty Ltd, SRL Plasma Pty Ltd, Thermal Treatment Solutions Pty Ltd and Waste Audit & Consultancy Services (Australia) Pty Ltd.

Funds from the sale have been distributed to shareholders via capital returns of 35 cents per share (paid 29 February 2012) and 1.8 cents per share (paid 18 April 2012) along with a fully franked special dividend of 1.8 cents (paid 18 April 2012).

Albeit with no operating businesses, Dolomatrix International Ltd remains a listed entity on the ASX. Adequate funding has been maintained to meet its obligations and seek other opportunities to enhance shareholder value.

For further information, please refer to the Investor Relations Centre tab on the DMX website or the Announcements tab (ASX:DMX) at www.asx.com.au.

3. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Danger Will Robinson.

Their share price 10 years ago was over $4.

Their share price 5 years ago was 60c.

Their last dividend was on Oct 14, 2011. Share price at the time was approx 25c.

Their share price is now 1.3c.

[​IMG]

4. sprite

sprite New Member

The devil hath the power to assume a pleasing shape

If you MUST enter the market at this time of great uncertainty, use the indice charts as a guide to gauge market sentiment on your stock of interest. Going long on penny dreadfuls is akin to putting money in a pokie....and with about the same chance of getting it back.

5. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Danger Will Robinson... danger...

This stock is dangerous for you for several reasons:
    1) You might lose all your money due to management brilliance.
    2) You might lose all your money, selling by following the crazed ignorant herd, as they leap off the cliff like lemmings.
    3) You might suffer a heart attack if this baby goes to the moon, unable to handle the sheer violence of the upward move.

So, lets have a look at a few penny dreadfuls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I could easily show you dozens more like this. You need to ask yourself, would you be able to handle a golden sleigh ride like this? My *guess* is no. And if you had asked me about ATI, STB, SYR, etc, before they made their vicious bull market moves, my advise would have been the same, "Danger Will Robinson... danger..." Best leave the seats on the rocket ship to the experienced astronauts. And when that rocket ship accelerates into the heavens, its fair to say, you don't want to be amongst the astronauts, because its too stressful for most people.

Disclaimer: This is not financial advice. Do your own research.

6. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

PS: I once talked with a spaceman, and the conversation went something like this:

spaceman: have you ever walked in space?
    me: no...
    spaceman: don't ever try it, because believe you me, its not easy
    me: but you used to be just like me, only 5 years ago
    spaceman: yeah sure, but I was never like you. I had potential. I was always destined for space. you're not
    me: but I think I could make the right investment decisions, if I try hard
    spaceman: no. don't ever try it. you're not ready for space. don't ever try to reach the rarefied heights on which I dwell. I'd hate to see something happen to you

Heed this spaceman's advise, or ignore it at your peril.

7. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ken Bruce has gone totally mad.

The share has been paying dividends in the past, but is now in the process of being wound up (while remaining listed on the market). Payment of dividends from any company is at the discretion of the board. This company now has no earnings and just a bit of cash left. In the linked announcement the board is saying that if any cash is left over from the costs of administration and wind-up it will be returned to shareholders. There might be none to speak of, but those buying shares lately are apparently punting there is enough to be worth buying the shares at this price. There won't be any more dividend, just a one-off distribution of any scraps that are left in the company's cash box after the directors and management are finished feeding from it (i.e none).

There is a possibility they mention of the company being used as a convenient vehicle (so to speak) that an unlisted company might use to list on the ASX, and there would be some payment for that. Called 'backdoor listing'. That's really for the punters.

All must be done by August 15 by ASX rules

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=DMX&E=ASX&N=684941

8. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Didnt anyone read my post? The question has been answered - end of story - just go to the company website

9. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

In this case, Bullion Stacker, you'll need a time machine... not! unless you wanna lose $.

It might have been better if they made a minor graphite find - would cause the share price to spike, so the insiders can bail. Have you guys noticed, that every man and his dog is reporting graphite finds these guys? Reminds me of REE fever.