If you don't hold it, you don't own it......

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Jim4silver, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

2. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Venezuela has become the illegitimate gold owner :) according to the UK, to hell with the LBMA thing
    Where did Ukraine and Libyan gold went to, ops stolen

3. Ian Gillman

Ian Gillman Active Member

Sometimes a nation will store some of its gold overseas for safety purposes. The Nazis stole what gold they could get their hands on from the countries they invaded but because each nation had gold stored overseas they did not get it all. In these days of fiat currency it is not as important as it used to be.

4. Jim4silver

I get that, but it looks like the Brits just "stole" it and they didn't even need to invade the country nor kill anyone. In the "modern" world, I think the Brit type of theft is more common that the "Nazi" invasion method.

There is no "perfect" way to store gold, but I would assume there are some good hiding places in a big country that even invaders would have a hard time finding.

5. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And of course it would have nothing to do with CIA pressures against Maduro over the last few years. They are so practiced at regime change in South America they've become lazy about covering up their machinations.

The current economic situation Venezuelans are going through results from political actions undertaken by those who want to seize power of a country that has the largest world oil reserve, the second largest gas reserve, and the largest freshwater reserve, gold and coltan in the world. They intend to impede the success of a system other than capitalism. They are unconventional warfare weapons that, deviously yet massively have hurt the Venezuelan people. The distortion of the economy and the concomitant social unrest, has been a means to achieve political objectives that seek to undermine people’s support to the national government, influence the elections and even generate social chaos that eventually overthrow the Government.

https://warisboring.com/56060-2/

and

http://www.15yultimo.com/wp-content...WARFARE-IN-VENEZUELA.-PASQUALINA-CURCIO-C.pdf
    and:

spannermonkey and Ag bullet like this.
  6. Jim4silver

Does that have anything to do with where they stored their gold?

7. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's likely why they can't get their gold. USA pressure in order to continue destabilization of the Maduro government.

I don't understand the mechanism entirely, but according to the above article:

Ag bullet likes this.
  8. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

sounds to me like the we have the two common denominators to conflict- the USA and oil.

9. Jim4silver

You better hope the USA stays on top because your country benefits from its relationship with the US, as do you. The world is like it has always has been. The liberal utopia world will never exist because it is an impossibility.

There is a constant struggle for power between nations like the US, Russia, China, etc etc. All of them do similar things behind the scenes. But it's always the fault of the US according to lefties.

I wonder how well off the world would be if China was in charge? They have a great organ harvesting system in their prisons per reports, in addition to the countless atrocities the citizens face, and general lack of freedoms, but that is the fault of the US.

How are those women's rights and gay rights in the mid east nations? But it's the fault of the US for that too. What would the world be like if one of those nations was in charge?

I wish the US would stop meddling but my opinion won't change things.

I almost wish western world lefties would get the experience of living under a nation's power like those I mentioned and see how much they would like it. Instead, they get to live like relative fat cats in western nations, absorbing all the benefits such western ways have created, yet they bitch and moan and blame such ways and call them bad, without looking in the mirror at themselves.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    paruwka likes this.
  10. stackmans

stackmans Active Member

11. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

I agree with you Jim and I am not a leftie. I just wanted to highlight the uncanny frequency with which the US involves itself with the affairs of nations that have oil. There are plenty of other countries with social turmoil derived from oppressive regimes but if that ain't got oil they are safe from US intervention at least.

12. Timmy88

Timmy88 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That is one of few atoms of light that has been shun on our gold situation.

So quick numbers we are leasing out 11 ton of gold for a return of 700K. Pretty poor investment by any standards which works out to be 0.1% returns.

I doubt that is a net figure, by the time storage costs and the like are taken out there is no point leasing it.

Timmy

stackmans likes this.
  13. alor

US got to keep the gold, and give USD to Guaido
    Venezuela gold got hijacked
    Foreign intervention
    the oil money ? where is it... ops Venezuela is under US sanction and the dollar does not flow
    US intervention just failed again just like the previous one in Turkey :)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  14. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Madura desperately needs the gold to pay off the mid-rank army officers, otherwise not even Putin’s battalion of little green men can save him. If Madura falls, oil is going to plunge which will benefit China. His prognosis don’t look good. Unless Russia will go alone to save him.

15. alor

if Maduro got killed, then China would loss hundred of billions
    But situation is very much under the control, the current president has the full military backing, this situation is similar to Turkey
    Their Friends are giving their support Russia, China, Turkey, Iran, Syria, Cuba

https://sputniknews.com/analysis/20...KFUDH9QG3l8QyqjmLwlPfdJOgNwdNDtPyS7CizQN-refk

16. sgbuyer

Judging from the record of his economic policies, If Madura stays on, China also won’t be able to get back the billions lent to Venezuela. Cheap oil is good for the Chinese economy but very bad for Russia. Russia may intervene.

17. alor

The US sanctions had been going on since 1999 when Hugo Chavez got elected President
    Those oil revenues were used to fund social programs aimed at fostering human development in areas such as health, education, employment, housing, technology, culture, pensions, and access to safe drinking water.
    Chávez's public friendship and significant trade relationship with Cuba and Fidel Castro undermined the U.S. policy of isolating Cuba; moreover, on Chavez's initiative, long-running ties between the U.S. and Venezuelan militaries were severed.

When Qaddafi used the oil money for water and the Libyan people, he was killed

18. paruwka

paruwka Active Member

If oil price plunges Russia will take an economic hit. Russia has made substantial loans to Venezuela. No doubt their loans will be repaid but, maybe not in the form and timeframe Putin wants.

19. sgbuyer

It also depends on where the money has gone. The new Malaysian government wants to sue Goldman Sach and refuse to pay the loan given to the previous corrupted administration. They are also cancelling all the "road and belt" projects.

20. alor

Russia is not dependent of the oil price, the oil company may get hit over a short term period, but since the sanctions....the country's is much less depend on just oil, the income is very much diversified now

Its not likely that Russia and China would let Venezuela become a vessel of the US again