If hyperinflation in US, what would happen in Australia?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by lookingaround, Apr 29, 2011.

1. silverwink

silverwink New Member

To paraphrase Bill Buckler of The Privateer :

" The Chinese ( and most other Asian countries ) have never had a welfare state.
    The "West" and the US have had one for generations. Who is best prepared for what is to come? "

2. benjamind2010

benjamind2010 New Member

Hyperinflation simply cannot happen now, because there is so much debt that has to be rolled over, paid down, defaulted on or written off.
    When that happens, and we get a deflationary collapse, then we can talk about the risk of hyperinflation, because that is precisely when it starts off - the government will be so terrified of the debt level that they will in their own accord and interests blow up the debt by printing 100s of trillions of dollars, which will spook bond holders and cause a run on treasuries. Oil will then explode. Precious metals will follow soon after.

3. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

just make sure you have small denominations of silver and gold i.e. coins, ingots jewellery etc etc, have aread up on the Depression in Argentina

4. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

Your English in your posts have improved over the months. Must be the time you've spent in Australia since having been posted to the Chinese embacy propaganda department.

Like Gino has appropriately said, Benja-other-one-would-ya! :D

The threat of deflation is Bubbles way of gaining support for QE to infinity

5. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Benjamind2010 Japan does not borrow from overseas like the USA does. How much does the USA owe Japan?

Japan made the mistake of having a REAL ESTATE Bubble. A little over 20 years ago, the land in Japan was worth more than all other land in the whole of the world. $1000 a sq inch!

The Japanese are a patient race and one day they will return and nations like the USA and Australia will feel the impact . They have invested heavily in the USA and China.

They will certainly have another day in the sun.

Regards Errol43

6. benjamind2010

benjamind2010 New Member

Doesn't make any real difference to the overall currency markets. The debt is still there, regardless of who it is owed to.

7. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Yes it does if you have to print fiat to buy your own bonds.

Regards Errol43

8. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...redicts-precious-metals-expert-122436413.html

Apparently Hyperinflation in the USA will happen according to this 24 page essay written by a Precious Metals dealer. He thinks you should invest 50% of your wealth in Precious Metals, rather unsurprisingly! Most of us would agree but then most of us aren't in the business of selling precious metals so he could be seen as having an ulterior motive, however his credentials seem impressive.

You can get the free report at http://www.coinmag.com/

9. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

I believe that the USA, the EU, and PRC are currently built on a foundation of sand mixed with red ink.

The near certain hyper-inflationary collapse in the USA will drag down the PRC simply because they flog so much to the Yanks that their factories will close when it all hits the fan. The demand from the USA and Europe will go through the floor, and that will in due course send PRC unemployment to the moon.

China's 1 Trillion in Bonds, together with her 1 Trillion in Wall street shares, will be near worthless.

That will in due course effect our mines, their sales, their profits, and the their Company tax. Our farmers should benefit by soaring food prices.

Hang on tight!!!!

OC

10. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

"Hyperinflation simply cannot happen now'

I believe that QE2/3/4/5/6 are designed to do just that, to trigger/generate hyper-inflation to allow the USA to pay off the US$14 to US$17 Trillion debt with almost worthless dollars.

It will at the same time destroy her middle and lower economic class, but 'save' the country.

It is all part of the Obama/Bernanke/Geithner plan.

OC

11. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I couldn't find the story on the ABC Website, But there was a snippet on Lateline last night where Philip Lasker reported that "the UK Govt was embracing current figures as a way to inflate away it's debt"

He put up a few quick charts but I didn't look too closely as I had just dropped my glass

but he reported that as long as interest rates remained near zero, the Govt would be happy for inflation figures to remain as they are!

12. euphoria

euphoria New Member

I saw this also. But how many people watch finance shows late at night? Most have moved over to SBS by that time...

13. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

I didn't know we had a Wayne 'Black' Swan posting here