If a Republican wins the White House in 2016......

Discussion in 'Silver' started by goldfinger, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

I like aussies and yanks. However we got to this point anyone who is bombing ISIS is OK with me.

People forget there was genocide happening in Bosnia and if the US had not done something it would have continued.

I know I'll get flamed for saying that. How about the Berlin airlift. The contribution to defeating Hitler and Japan? How about the marshall plan?

Neither is the US responsible for Gaza - it was a British mandate.

Neither will the USA collapse USSR style.

a)The USSR collapsed because it had a Marxist Leninist command economy. The US does not.
    b)It was a brutal police state empire founded on the military occupation of eastern European countries and the subsequent torture and elimination of any political opposition.

I'm not saying the US is perfect and it is evolving into a police state. I'm a cynic but the mainland Chinese I've met hate Australia because of their experience with Australian immigration and would happily see every Australian dead. The Australians are not perceived in China as any more of a friend than the USA and have a long standing record of treating Asians as human refuse in their immigration policies.

Be careful for what you wish for.

Not that the Americans for good or ill are going to cease being the dominant military and economic power for the next 30 years anyway.

Australia has prospered in a world dominated by the USA and anglo-sphere and the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK etc are a linguistic and cultural block, like it or not.

Have a look at Tibet, Hong Kong and Ukraine or Belarus. Compare north and south korea.

In a choice between two evils, I'll go for the lesser. When someone can show me a death toll in the USA like that under the Soviets in Russia or Chairman Mao in China please post it up here.

2. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

I've always thought it strange that racism is frowned upon but nationalism is applauded.

3. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

They are both idiotic.

The problem is the last group of people to play the nationalist card end up being robbed blind and murdered by everyone else and their flags.

4. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

6. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Off topic but the problem with Hillary according to Jeffrey Tucker is:

http://tucker.liberty.me/2015/04/12/the-awful-implications-of-hillarys-candidacy/

Heading back towards the topic (but nothing to do with silver or gold sorry), Tucker's views on Rand Paul are interesting:

http://tucker.liberty.me/2015/04/07/will-rand-paul-improve-libertys-prospects/

I think it'll come down to the coolest name - Rand is a cool name but it's a bit WTF?, Hillary is so old school but it's still cool in a Victorian era kind of way.

Will a cool name have much of an impact on the PM market? Probably not.

7. Clawhammer

8. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Of the countless problems the Conservative Republiucan talking heads in the U.S. have is that virtually all are blatant hypocrites. As just one of countless examples (and put aside for now the fact that there's no good evidence at all to support the Conservative Republican talking heads' claims) is that these Conservative Republican talking heads claim that many Democrats voted for Obama because he is black or because he has a Muslim-sounding name and many Democrats will vote for Hillary because she is a woman....conveniently forgetting to remind their audience that at the same time some or many Conservative Republicans would have NOT voted for Obama because he is black or has a Muslim-sounding name and will not vote for Hillary because she is a woman.

The Conservative Republican talking heads play the same dirty game as the far, far Left wing talking heads.

Neither Left nor Right is a good choice for Americans. What America needs is truly progressive policies, not regressive and reactionary policies. We need a truly progressive (not Liberal nor Libertarian) 3rd party in the U.S. a party that has fair and broad-minded notions about things like campaign finance reforms, the out of control influence of special interest groups on our elected officials, re-evaluation of term limits with an eye to reduce, erecting much wider and taller walls for the separation of church and state, unfair taxation of the working class, military conflict, resource consumption, energy policy, the environment, education, social welfare and building opportunity for all, and so on and so forth.

9. Clawhammer

http://fee.org/resources/detail/the-liberty-of-ancients-compared-with-that-of-moderns

^^^^
    WOW!, that's an amazing read
    Guys n Gals, do yourselves a favour and read this incredible insight from 1819. They were true scholars and thinkers back then.

10. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

11. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]
    Source: http://www.conspiracyclub.co/2015/0...hyhow-the-media-is-rigged-and-its-terrifying/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmpAVOvMf94[/youtube]

see 'The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire - Gibbon' for context.

12. Clawhammer

Language WARNING!!!!!
    from the onion;
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/hillary-clinton-to-nation-do-not-fuck-this-up-for,38416/

WASHINGTONAfter several seconds spent sitting motionless and glaring directly into the camera,
    former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton reportedly began Sunday's video announcing her 2016 presidential bid
    by warning the nation not to fuck this up for her. "Listen up, assholes, 'cause I'm only saying this once:
    I've worked way too goddamn hard to let you morons blow this thing for me,"
    said Clinton, repeatedly jabbing her index finger toward the viewers at home while adding that
    if they thought she was going to simply sit back and watch them dick her over like they did in 2008,
    they were out of their fucking minds.
    "Seriously, don't you dare even think about it.
    If you shitheads can just get in line, we can breeze through this whole campaign in 19 months and be done with it.
    Or, if you really want, we can do this the hard way.
    Because make no mistake, I'm not fucking around. Got it?"
    Clinton then ended her announcement by vowing to fight for a better future
    for all working-class families like the one she grew up in.

13. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Its the Russians that are pushing for war.

14. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Blah blah blah death to the usa blah blah blah, some garbage from russia today...blah blah blah....ukranians are fascists...blah blah blah...american invented evil...blah blah blah nato and the cia something....blah blah blah...

15. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Golighly is one of the set useful idiots and 'pan slavic' russkie today trolls on here. Blah blah blah usa ia evil...every...freaking...time.

Note quote from 1984 in signature. The irony is 1984 was banned in Russia until 1990 and is still banned in North Korea.

16. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

Is it so hard to believe that when no-one owns the monopoly on evil, there are no innocents, and no-one adheres to the first stone or do unto other rule? Who needs to ban books when the knowledge gained from reading is culturally rendered moot by ridicule? What use is freedom to speak truth when it has no effect on the abuses of power we endure?

17. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

It's fair to condemn specific U.S. government policies (especially foreign policy and the brutal and destructive use of military to benefit the bankers and the corporate elite) but since many Americans may be as much opposed to these policies as many non-Americans, it's not fair to condemn all Americans as if we all think alike. We definitely don't...trust me on this.

18. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

I'll start with the ability to own a copy of 1984 without being imprisoned for it. You worry about the ridicule that is a self inflicted injury due to considering too much about what others think and not what about what is empirically and rationally true. Animal farm was banned outright in Russia by Stalin. Not surprising since it was written about him and like I say until 1990 is was a criminal offence to own a copy of 1984 in Russia. Ridicule does not worry me. Tyranny does.

19. quarterounce

quarterounce New Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvhBoF_pCHo[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgcd1ghag5Y[/youtube]

20. Clawhammer