Ideological Consistency, and lack thereof

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Roswell Crash Survivor, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

In a previous thread he admitted he was In China.
    Another thread he was debating something with his pro CCP spam he was posting every where And I told him to google Something, and his reply was he didnt have google as China has it banned. ahaha which I thought was funny because he was saying How China doesnt cover anything up from their people lol.
    His Singapore flag is Obviously bullshit. Notice his pro CCP posts in pretty much every thread he posts in

"Doesn't make sense to me.... never will.
    No attempt at justification will change my mind"

Doesnt have to change your mind, and you have every right to refuse to accept anything you want, even if its facts you can refuse to accept that
    It was made clear by treasury at the time when it was announced thats the reasoning behind it. they essentially wanted wasteful people to spend it not people to save it.
    Again I hate seeing bludgers get given money but thats the reason behind it. Like it or not those fuckers will spend every cent they ever get given.
    Helped one of my business big time, Ive done allot of work off those given those $750 checks. And as return that money has trickled down to my supplier, from timber yards, to fastener companies I buy from who employ allot of people, which Ive been spending record amounts of money at the last 6-8 weeks as Im making my record weeks of turn over lately.
    Un-surprisingly Ive been ask to qoute a tonne of Jobs with a budget of $700-$750 lol So im doing smaller jobs than Normal But in large numbers lol

So yes it is getting to the businesses. Obviously not those closed, but its to keep those open to stay open.

but you can base your refusal to accept things off Assumptions rather than experience.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Holdfast likes this.
  2. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

it was quoted out of the bible lol
    that Jesus guy is a pure communist
    you are asking if Jesus has an opinion on the money lender, and he does not have a right to speak
    his teaching is sucks for sure

I was not around to ask him in the past but when he is back, I will ask him for his answer
    the return of Messiah would rule the world for sure, and kill the current king of the world, if I can witness that act, it is eternal pleasure for sure to have such

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ideological Consistency.
    *Democracy is great until you allow the enemy to vote.

alor and 66rounds like this.
  4. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Umm, yer ok thats definitely a strange debate lol.
    I didnt ask anything about Jesus, ahaha Wtf are you on?lol
    Lay off of the Meth bro, either that or work on your Chinglish.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We don't have a spending problem in Australia, we have an investment problem. We won't be able to spend our way out of a balance sheet recession.

6. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

thanks to China tariff, the GDP is heading down 36% soon enuff
    lesson not learn with supporting the Russian sanction, that resulted import ban

:rolleyes:

7. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Still spewing your CCP shit

8. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

As someone who prefers self sufficiency I don't think I fit in with the free market proponents that you speak off, as much as I believe in free markets within a nations borders.
    In any case, that doesn't mean I believe in subsidising people or companies or even agree with the medicare system.

Without government assistance, I think strong businesses would have found a way to stay on top.
    Newly unemployed yet clever people would have put their minds to use in coming up with new businesses.
    Maybe out of all those fun loving students in our universities some serious ones would have arisen as new industry leaders.

Too bad the rest of the population probably wouldn't wait for any of that, so would start rioting and looting, potentially spoiling some valuable assets along the way.

Considering the above, and the circling vultures (e.g. China), I guess the government had no choice but to pacify the population.
    Perhaps some would see this as the government finally doing their job rather than spending tax payers money on lazy turtles. :p

STKR likes this.
  9. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Problem, reaction, solution.

An environment has been created to increase dependence on global governments. Handouts via stimulus and job keeper/seeker programs are necessary to maintain order in these times. Unfortunately, many people were hung out to dry because of these lockdowns and it's no surprise that they've become disgruntled, even if they are receiving "support" from the Guddament.

So, IMO one can be absolutely against welfare and still be recipients in these times with absolute justification. Personally, I couldn't care less which poor $oul receives what Gov. support. I'd rather pay for a bludger than for a $10,000 helicopter flight, overpriced travel and accommodation, 5 star restaurants, insane pensions and other wasteful spending behaviors from our politicians.

The ATO even send you a graph showing where your tax dollars are spent. They claim the majority goes to welfare, which is beyond laughable - maybe political welfare(warfare)?...
    No mention of paying back the interest on debt from currency creation! None at all! This is just a tool to aid in controlling mass opinion and it has been very effective at doing so.

For all of those who despise welfare recipients and see them as the direct reason why hard working Australian's are paying such high tax rates - You're channeling your frustrations in the wrong areas. The mismanagement of government and the design of the system is where we need change the most.

Remember, most of our thoughts and beliefs, even though they feel true and individual to you, are actually a result of subconscious conditioning over years and decades. Anyone who meditates and/or practices mindfulness techniques will understand this to a greater extent. This is why the media is such a powerful propaganda force with their constant conditioning of public opinion. Sadly, in my view, the welfare debate is no different. "Look over here!!!...And stay the [email protected]#k away from everything else".

precious roar, heartastack and OneDay like this.
  10. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My perspective is that the disproportionate handouts to welfare recipients, and government mismanagement/system design, are one-and-the-same.
    So am I still justified in being pissed about it?

precious roar and STKR like this.
  11. STKR

I believe so. However, if you believed welfare was the primary source of mismanagement within our system, or at the top of the list for problems within our system which require the most change, then I'd be inclined to believe you were narrow-sighted in your views.

12. wrcmad

Fair call.
    But 1-in-15 (WTF?) working-age citizens on disability pension tends to draw a narrow focus on where 35% of my tax dollar is going. :p
    Conclusion - I work until lunch time on Mondays to pay for these bludgers. (well I would...... if I didn't take deliberate evasive action with regards to paying these fkwits). ;)

13. STKR

I don't think it's reasonable to group welfare reprints together and label them as bludgers. What you're really upset about is paying tax, and welfare "bludgers" (recipients) create a pathway for you to vent your frustrations.

It's you who allow these so called "bludgers" to upset you. If it's about WHERE your tax currency is spent, rather than WHY it's taken from you in the first place, can't you just find an area, industry or project where tax revenue is spent that you agree with and pretend all your $$ went to that instead?

heartastack likes this.
  14. wrcmad

I can see why you think that.
    But actually.... no.
    I don't begrudge paying tax if it is spent with a bit of care and forethought.
    And I definitely don't mind looking after the needy.
    Take a look where I live - in the biggest welfare population density on earth.... and I can tell you - they are fkn BLUDGERS.
    Take a walk around Byron and see how many disabled or unable non-workers there are. Ha ha ha.... fkn ell!!!
    Meanwhile, the town I live in (nearby, and just re-classified to a city, so the government can save on regional subsidies) has neither public transport or even a cop station, because that would cost too much. Really?

15. STKR

In your view, what percentage of welfare expenditure do you believe goes to bludgers? Welfare covers a broad range of funding:
    • income support payments such as pensions and allowances (for example, Newstart)
    • family payments such as Family Tax Benefit
    • paid parental leave pay
    • child care fee assistance payments
    • funding for aged care services
    • funding for disability services and
    • payments and services for veterans and their dependents.
    When I was working in the public service, they re-carpeted the entire 5 floor building JUST to spend their allocated funding, so it wouldn't get reduced in the next budget.
    The carpet had already been replaced two years prior for the same reason!

In that same building, my entire department would stop for morning tea break for 30 minutes every day at 11:00am.
    Coming from the private sector, It was shocking to see the waste of productivity and public resources, and how it was made culturally acceptable. The level of wastage is extreme - and that doesn't even scratch the surface.

Personally, I feel you're wasting your energy on welfare bludgers if you're truly concerned about how your tax dollars are spent.

16. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

ha ha, i went to byron bay once. i hope that's the last time. worst roads i've ever seen in a town yet the highest parking fees to boot!

wrcmad likes this.
  17. STKR

It's it ridiculous, isn't it! I can understand filling in a few pot-holes here and there, but the roads are 90% pot holes! Council never does anything about it, and it makes you wonder where all that parking $$ is going to.
    Probably straight into their Matcha Latte fund.

Screenshot_2020-05-25-12-29-35-22.png

Ag bullet likes this.
  18. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

19. wrcmad

Wow... my brain hurts thinking about it.
    I am not a welfare professional, so let me have a go from a taxpaying spectator:

In your view, what percentage of welfare expenditure do you believe goes to bludgers? Welfare covers a broad range of funding:
    • income support payments such as pensions and allowances (for example, Newstart) - pensions OK to those born before about 1970, after that it was poor choices regarding retirement savings, rather than necessity, that made someone welfare dependent. Those that believe they are entitled to the pension having "paid tax all their lives" need to take a good hard look at themselves, and where their tax dollars actually went. Newstart is open to rorting, and that is no secret - needs to be tightened a lot.
    • family payments such as Family Tax Benefit. - BS. Should be abolished. I know small business owners who structure their income to maximise these payments, and take 2-3 O/S holidays per year on the money.
    • paid parental leave pay - BS payment. Having a child is a choice. Taxpayers shouldn't have to foot the bill.
    • child care fee assistance payments - not sure?, maybe partially OK given the government regulation on childcare seems to be what makes it so excessively expensive?
    • funding for aged care services - perfectly OK. This is in the spirit of looking after our own.
    • funding for disability services and - perfectly OK as above for LEGITIMATE deservers. However, this payment has become the biggest rort in the country, and needs to be tightened dramatically. As mentioned above, 1/15? Total BS.
    • payments and services for veterans and their dependents. - Veterans no problems.

20. wrcmad

This sums up Byron perfectly (from Sh*t Towns of Australia.)

BYRON BAY

[​IMG]
    Byron Bay: ‘The country’s biggest d*ckhead magnet’.

Renowned as Australia’s easternmost point, Byron Bay is also the country’s biggest d*ckhead magnet. Every type of f*ckwit under the sun gravitates to Byron: smelly hippies spilling out of their housevans, tattooed surfers fighting each other for territory, barefoot bogans fighting each other for fun, cashed-up Boomers flittering between overpriced organic cafes and bullsh*t galleries, and overseas millionaires buying up the entire town for holiday homes.

It’s the sort of place that corporate shills on their second divorce fantasise about moving to so they can open a yoga retreat and root a dreadlocked barista on the beach. Byron Bay is Disneyland for dropouts, or the Gold Coast for people who prefer their Meter Maids to have hairy pits.

Overrun by tourists and littered with their half-eaten takeaways and used condoms, the only people who actually live in Byron Bay are pretentious trustafarians who turned up for Splendour in the Grass and forgot to f*ck off home after the mushies wore off. These private school plastic hippies use their old man’s money to live the “Byron dream” and subsidise their supposed “free spirit lifestyle”, which actually consists of wearing cheap jewellery they bought in Bali while complaining about other fake hippies, catching herpes from German backpackers and generally doing large amounts of serious f*ck-all.

Byron Bay gained national notoriety for rejecting fast food giants McDonald’s and KFC under the pretence that junk food didn’t fit with the “Byron lifestyle” — maybe if Macca’s started serving kombucha and lentils and giving away hacky sacks in their Happy Meals it might have got the Byron seal of approval.

Byron Bay is known for its night-life, which consists of drunken drongos and Schoolies smashing each other’s teeth out and projectile vomiting at passers-by. It’s also a prime spot for spotting whales, which is why Byronites were still slaughtering humpbacks as recently as the 1960s. A popular feature is the Cape Byron Lighthouse, which serves the vital purpose of warning passing seafarers away from the complete wankeropolis of Byron Bay. We suggest you heed its warning.

ALSO KNOWN AS: Moron Bay.

MOST FAMOUS PERSON: Chris Hemsworth owns a giant fortress at Byron, where he goes to escape the pressures of being paid millions of dollars to dress up as a superhero.

Ag bullet and Shaddam IV like this.