I would appreciate some help on this round please. I'm new to stacking

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by rob1083, Apr 14, 2019.

1. rob1083

rob1083 New Member

https://imgur.com/3Jcw4Rn[​IMG]I
    https://imgur.com/1wP4kDl

picked up this round at a coin shop I frequent, I have some concerns about its authenticity here's why:

1)Weight= 32.2 G///1.14OZ//1.03 TOZ (SCALE WAS TESTED AND ACCURATE)

2)- Passed the magnet slide test with my CCT

3) Passed the scratch acid test.

4) I see this round on the net but I can not find the correct front and back casting. I see this type of front and a side flying eagle on the back. OR I see a double world on the front any my type if "spray eagle" on the back.

I really have doubts that anyone would forge these but Im not familiar with this round or what years it is from any help at all from anyone who is far more experienced than me would be very appreciated . THANKS!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  2. rob1083

rob1083 New Member

3. rob1083

rob1083 New Member

Im sorry Im trying to get these images to post AARRGG!!

4. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

So what was your concerns if it passed your tests? Do you have a weight scale that can go to 2 decimal places on grams? And could you accurately measure the diameter and thickness? i.e. vernier calipers.

Gravity testing is a very accurate and cheap way of obtaining the authenticity (atomic mass) of a metal item if you can get your head around the mathematics. Not that hard to setup using kitchen tools and some fishing line.

5. rob1083

rob1083 New Member

Thanks for responding BIGS, I was hoping that someone could identify this particular round and my main concern of the casting IE if the front matches the back. I have researched this thing for a few days and hard to find the answer I'm looking for in regard to number 4 of my post. My other big concern is how far off the weight is.

BiGs likes this.
  6. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

Yeah ok. Plenty of numi know it alls in here that could help. If it's an older coin the tolerance could be 3% acceptable. Gravity test would pick it for sure though xP