I will buy all the 1oz Dragons you can get hold off.

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by Aurora et luna, Aug 25, 2011.

1. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Well... that's because you aren't the target audience. He meant people lining up at Perth Mint which don't have to pay any delivery costs to get their dragons.

2. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In white goods, Miele, Asko and also Neff I believe, have set prices Australia wide that retailers cannot negotiate either up or down on.

3. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Apologies. You are correct.

4. jparrie

jparrie Member

Yep, just Google Asko and look at what every retailer's prices are - identical. Seems like a fairly fixed price to me. Obviously not that illegal, but then we all know how good ASIC are! (USELESS).

5. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

ACCC, not ASIC :)

6. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

something to do with miele et al actually owning the stock they give to resellers, and hence they can set the price -they have not sold the stock to them, they are just agents.

there was a sh1tstorm about miele price fixing a while ago, and nothing illegal was found

7. jparrie

jparrie Member

OOps! Quite right, I'm obviously obsessed with ASIC at the moment (pending complaint), and they are truly hopeless.

8. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Net profit margin as stated is $40 for a roll of 20 coins. I also cover the shipping and insurance
    It's still early days however I have already got one offer from a stacker who initially only wanted to order 3 coins. Now he plans to order a roll instead.
    It is not a lot of money but $40 will stack you an oz of pre-dec.
    I suppose I can offer more money for surplus rolls but then I have to raise the prices I charge members here.
    Might have to wait and see how many surplus rolls I get offered before I upped the ante.
    Personally if I had to choose between getting a roll of tigers or dragons; it would be a no brainer. I would choose the tigers over the dragons at this moment.
    Why? Because dragon lovers will be able to source unlimited 1/2oz 2oz 5 oz 10oz and kilo dragons for at least a year without too much hassle.
    Try sourcing a 1/2oz 1oz, 2 oz 5oz 10oz 1/2kg or 1kg Tiger. It's not that easy!
    Since I have no problems sourcing 1oz tigers for $55 dollars wholesale, that is the benchmark I use to value a 1oz Dragon.

9. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Whoa, wholey crap, I just re-read that and can see how you may need to defend yourself. I am truly sorry, I just added those names of dealers off the top of my head as an example. Sorry for the miss print/stuff up.

I have dealt with yourself, Steve(AEL), Roo and CK on this forum and would never suggest that any would do such a thing. My humblest apologies if I inadvertently alluded to any of you doing it.

To set it straight, I was trying to give a black and white example of how the PM could deal with dealers that were price gouging and do it within their powers and the law in response to the bollocks about the PM being powerless to stop their DIRECT dealers ripping people off.

EDIT: I have a wish list in with Maggie for the group buy, I would never have bothered even entertaining it if I thought Maggie would gouge.

10. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

Your Cool Lovey80.
    regards Maggie

11. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Guys tomorrow's the day.
    My original offer for the 1oz silver dragons still stands however if you want to resell privately and make more bucks, go for it.
    Will also offer you $50 above your purchase price for a 1oz gold Dragon. So if you want to make an extra $250 by buying and reselling your entire allocation of 5 coins let me know tonight. I have standing orders for 30 coins.
    For the sake of transparency I expect to resell the gold dragon within a very short period for a $100+ premium
    Cheers