I JUST TOOK A 250.00 GAMBLE ON THIS COIN 1999 SERIF LD PCGS MS69

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by jc888888888, Feb 14, 2012.

1. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

i would not mind getting a cheap coin to experiment on ,i saw a guy on the internet remove milk spots from a maple with a soft eraser on a maple leaf, i have had people say dip it in cloudy ammonia............. or non abrasive jewelry cleaner ,i am just scared shitless to try on this coin ,i need to find me a nasty melt panda that i can play with:):) anyone got one they wanna sell?? the cloudy ammonia idea sounds plausable

2. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

obviously your best bet is on ebay, I see ones on there quite a bit that look crappy but I dont know how much they sell for. There was a whole thread in the silver section on cleaning coins . Since people on here have said they believe there is a couple different types of this damage I wonder if different types of cleaning methods might work on different problems. Also it would be nice to still be able to get them graded after cleaning (at least for me) and I dont think they will grade coins if they think they have been cleaned (unless they cleaned them?) I would like to experiment too. Please let us know your results.

3. jc888888888

UPDATE THE 1999 LD SERIF HAS BEEN SENT TO PCGS..............:) WISH IT LUCK

4. dcl

dcl Member

Pardon my ignorance but why wouldn't the original owner take up the guarantee with PCG?

5. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

You'd be surprised how many people don't realize the grading companies have guarantees. And, sometimes, people simply don't want to take the time to deal with sending in a coin and waiting for a decision -- especially if they have little invested in the coin to begin with.

6. jc888888888

heyimderrick, just as an FYI ,I wrote a big note on the submission form,stating i wanted coin back no matter what.we shall see:)