I got a job!

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Greenman

Greenman Member Silver Stacker

Well done mate. How is the job going?

2. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Just got home after working until 6pm......Did'nt have the best day because of anxiety attack lasting most of the day but I think I should be o.k tmrw.

3. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

lol surprised you made it through the day

lol lol lol

so you THINK you SOULD be back tommorow?

ok what about Monday, or the day after or the one after that or next month or next year

4. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Rescue remedy good for that, liquid apathy..

5. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Yes C.J I get you but I have to take this one day at a time I have'nt been full time employed for a long time......I want to work.

6. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. mrg9grn

mrg9grn New Member

Hate having anxiety attacks first big one was first week of high school sitting in front of the teachers desk due to been in alphabetical order she has the morning notices' and asked if me and the kid next to me read them to the class I went second and started to have anxiety attack and passed out during mid sentence and fell back and knocked me self out on the white bored then i woke with the teacher holding my legs up then got picked up and got helped to walk out the class to the office

got me out of doing any speaking presentation for the who time I was high school

8. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

9. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Ye they're not very good fun at all.....Today I just went along with the foreman I was working with but sometimes when in anxiety mode I lose concentration and it was hard to take in what he was teaching me.

Really hoping tmrw will be a better day.

10. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Maybe it's your general reaction to working. You could always milk it and use it as an excuse to go on the disability pension indefinitely if you end up packing it in. I can't imagine blue collar contractors having much tolerance for such behaviour.

11. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well done on getting through the first day. Just remember lots of us have anxiety when starting a new job, but really try to stick with it... think of the money... and understand that the foreman probably appreciates that you're new and will take some time to come up to speed.

12. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

some people have such short memories. he is a troll.

go away theend.

the end.

shiny

13. CFP

CFP New Member

Banana applies for a job at the telemarketers. Banana gets the job and the telemarketer says, "congradulations man you got the job!"

14. mrg9grn

mrg9grn New Member

15. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

This is my first year being in management. I've been working fulltime for 6 years. Not doing anything crazy but I still get a bit of nervousness when I have to do a coaching session or reprimand an employee, I hate delivering the bad news. I also get anxiety sitting in offices, even if it for good news. Its a strange cycle but I get nervous, start to lose focus and my train of throught and it spirals down from there. Nothing bad comes from it usually but it is still embarassing and I've been working on it. My biggest problem I have is my face is very thin skinned and basically red all the time. Normally someone can play it cool and hide if they are getting nervous but the minute my heart race increases my face becomes hot and blood red. I know everyone can see this I become self consious and more nervous. Same goes for angry, shy, and embarrassed, certainly hasn't aided me in relationships haha

Anyways congrats on the Job and I hope you stick with it.

16. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

17. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

First days, first times doing new tasks, first times doing stuff alone are all very stressful. The first time I locked someone up was super stressful. I kept going over the incident, my charging documents, my report language etc. til it was perfect. The first hands on fight I was involved with was a mentally ill person trying to harm herself and anyone who got near enough to to stop her. Having the weight of someone else's life along with your personal safety onthe line is very taxing if you arent used to it. My "Spidey senses" tingle everytime I get a callbecause I never really know what I will find whenIget there. Just try to use that energy to help you focus. Fear and anxiety are tools that warn us of danger, they aren't supposed to make you cower from it. Now that you have a good income coming in maybe start taking karate lessons or taichi lessons to help you manage your stress response and turn it into a focusing energy. I'm not sure how things work where you live but maybe explain to management or the foreman you suffer from anxiety attacks so once in a while you might need a five minute break to regroup and get it back together. Also explain you really want to work and you are happy and grateful for the job but your medicalcondition can cause some trouble. Here we have FMLA which forbids employers from firing people with certain long term medical conditions or ifyou have family with conditions. Maybe look into that stuff too. Just some thoughts. Good luck I'm sure you'll hang in there! Think of the silver:)

18. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Congratulations and all best! ;)

Have a wonderful year in 2015!

[​IMG]

19. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Much better day today no anxiety at all.....Still worked until 6pm even though its friday....Next week will be the biggest test doing 8 till 6 for five days in a row.

I should be fine I used to work big hours at my old job and I did that for ten years straight.

20. Agnostic

Agnostic Active Member Silver Stacker

Well done completing your working day.