I am need of some help.

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by Silversun, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Silversun

Silversun New Member

I am looking to find all my lost super and have no idea where to start. I have maybe up to 5 super accounts from working all around the place and i never really payed much attention to my super but now i am a lil older and wiser i am looking to consolidate all my funds but i have no idea where to begin i have used the ato's super finder using my TFN but it says it can't find nothing which is load of BS.

I was thinking of using this service http://www.findmysuper.com.au/consolidate-lost-superannuation/services/

I really don't know the processes and it would be good if i could get some insight thanks in advance!

2. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

Roswell is 100% right.

Anyone else advertising services to find super is just trying to make easy money from the uninformed.

4. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

I loved this little pearl from the lost super spruiker site

We may be entitled to a distribution fee of between 0.20% and 0.67% of the account balance each year. This can be rebated back you after our consolidation fee. This fee is already part of the investment managers fees and does not represent an additional fee to you.

In recognition of you nominating find my super we will enrol you in our rebate rewards package and you will be entitled to receive benefits and discounts from a whole range of services.

That entitlement will mean like a blood sucker they will bleed your super fund with advice you don't need like you don't need them to find your super.

Kind Regards
    non recourse

5. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

Those a-holes!

6. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The other advice looks good, but I believe also you can let your chosen super fund do the lifting.
    That is, you can decide which of the super funds you want to keep and authorize that fund to roll all the other funds' balances into the one of your choice. Start with a phone call or email.