how long will Trump last

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Peter, Mar 5, 2017.

1. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

I didn't want to be seen as the violet Trump Supporter thumping an immigrant business man who is a well known member of the community..
    But I am taking them to VCAT, it was suppose to happen pretty much the week the lockdown started, so it should happen again soon now things are starting to open up.

2. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And did you report said person for assault?

shinymetal likes this.
  3. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

your joking right? its ok to punch a Nazi remember and according to anyone left of center, trump supporters are all Nazi's :rolleyes:

shinymetal likes this.
  4. shinymetal

I have the incident on video from my phone, but it's not framed well.. but you can tell what's going on, I called the police, they showed up, had like a second look at my video, not long enough to even see what was going on, talked to him, he said he didn't assault me, another staff member said he didn't, I went into the station the next day to be like seriously, he hit me for wearing a hat, charge him, but the cops said they wouldn't do anything. The police told me he said he didnt hit me, so I did a FOI reqest for the police little black books from that incudent, Cos I knew if I caught him lying to police it would show bad character and whatever he says in VCAT will be bunk, it took forever, and they ended up giving me the dispatch record, not the black book. Then lost interest and figured he would deny it any
    I don't have enough money to go hiring a lawyer to take that on, but you don't need a lawyer for VCAT and it's discrimination on political grounds and protected. So yea, once lockdown is over that should happen quickly.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  5. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I wish you the best with this.

Maybe a call to Neil Mitchell at 3AW...that's something he'd jump at I think.

Also, does the establishment have CCTV? If old mate the owner was smart enough he would have deleted all vid files from that day, but then again he may not be that sharp????

6. shinymetal

I asked the larger venue the restaurant rent a space from, and I never saw the cameras, but they said that there was nothing on the cameras. I somewhat find that hard to believe.. but oh well.
    I don't know if I want to go after him publically, I'll be nice about it, I have been up until this point, I haven't given anyone a copy of the video, I've been very reasonable up until this point. At the coming VCAT mediation that will look good, I'll ask for written apology, letting me in with my hat and a reasonable cash settlement or I'll take my chances with a VCAT judge.

Oddjob likes this.
  7. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Not legal advice: it seems like you might have a case if you frame it as Common Assault (Common Law).
    Good luck with the battle.

You're as ballsy as this guy :cool: