how long will Trump last

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Peter, Mar 5, 2017.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The impeachment debacle was of epic proportions. Trump knows that any publicity is good publicity, and keeping Trump on front pages everywhere with a smear campaign would have worked in the pre-Trump political space,

But.... after the impeachment was such a fizzer, it made Trump look like Superman; standing tall with the hero shot and a " Four More Years" banner waving in the breeze.

This coming campaign will be one for the ages. I suspect Trump will be chaffing at the bit if Hillary gets involved as well. Biden's dodgy Ukraine connections, and Hillary's dodgy Foundation (health, husband, shoplifting etc etc) will have Trump grinning from ear to ear from every camera angle.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Debating Trump would be like getting into a debate with someone at a dinner party who's been drinking too much. They'd be intoxicated, irrational, ignorant, illogical, absent of facts and in the end belligerent or demeaning.

These debates are a pointless waste of time because Trump's supporters aren't interested in facts, and the President most certainly isn't. It's a circus. And the criteria for admission is having a lower than average IQ.

3. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

It's a good distraction for the masses and makes them feel like "part of the team" but the sad fact is the choice isnt ours and you're definitely not on the effing team
    The federal reserve already has their man picked.
    The brainwashed zombies take this serious and lap it up like a starving dog.

4. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. JulieW

Interesting thought from Wealth Research Group, one of those predictions purveyors.:

Two things I'm doing are (1) compiling a shopping list of well-known companies and my personal limit orders, which I'll publish on Tuesday. I call it the Unjustified Victims Catalog.

Then, I’m (2) making sure that I'm not only staying healthy, but that I'm prepared, in the back of my mind, for a further ESCALATION of this.

If Covid-19 isn't contained soon or if the panic levels remain very high, you might start hearing serious talks about postponing the upcoming elections – it's going to be the wildest year we've seen.

Winners implement plans, losers complain.

Best Regards,
    [​IMG]
    Lior Gantz
    President,

WealthResearchGroup.com

6. tas stacker

tas stacker Active Member

Look i honestly think trump and his government are on borrowed time,Given every time trump addresses the world on covid19 the stock market takes a dive as it did again today at 2000 points plus drop
    He can't tweet bully this crisis, so far it's been handled very poorly people won't forget that

7. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm thinking Bernie will pair with Elizabeth (Warren not Windsor) and Joe with Hilary to at least bolster their Male/Female cred. Whether either double whammy would beat the Don is debatable.

8. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The United States did hold Federal elections during the First US Civil War (1864) and also during the Second World War (1944).

(1940 was pre-Pearl Harbor/US Declarations of War)

Both were greater calamities than the worst-case scenario involving SARS-CoV-2 envisioned by accredited epidemiologists and infectious disease experts, yet those elections were still held.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  9. tas stacker

Frankly I would not put anything past trump Inc suspending elections hes desperate to stay in power
    The graft is just too good

10. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nice thought but I suspect it won't happen. Only Congress can legislate a change of election date for President of the US. Presidential executive power doesn't quite reach that far....and for good reason. Refer report to US Congress 2004 on this very question.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/RL32471.pdf

Now, if HRC was in the WH and Dem's controlled the House and Senate, I wouldn't put it past the Dem to pull such a stunt given the BS they have been up to since DJT took office.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  11. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It won't happen. The virus is greatly subdued and manageable at room temperature and above. Summer will slow it down greatly. I saw the Chinese report on this. At 8C, the virus can survive for days on surfaces while at 30C, it won't live more than half an hour.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  12. tas stacker

13. openeyes

openeyes Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Trumps bravado is not going to serve him well in this situation imho. Singapore still stands out as the shining example of how to approach this event.

The security classification noted above sets off my alarm - Alert alert disaster imminent

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  14. JulieW

If you listen to the Joe Rogan interview with the expert on the virus, this makes complete sense. Because of the just in time delivery mechanisms, the USA is in dire straits - if the virus interferes with their supply lines, which it seems it almost certainly will. I was amazed to hear that most of the medications in America are made in China and India. Hardly encouraging when you're facing a pandemic like this.

15. tas stacker

Really? it's summer here in Australia and here in Hobart we have confirmed cases of covid19

16. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

17. tas stacker

ES7rypQWkAIvKAM.png
    The trump in action

18. heartastack

heartastack Active Member Silver Stacker

I mentioned that I’m in the food industry. After today’s supply chain meetings I’m definitely doing a crisis shop tonight.

openeyes likes this.
  19. openeyes

openeyes Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Confirmation again of something that seems pretty obvious.
    The TP saga that has been playing out is interesting. I can’t remember when it started exactly but since then the industry has ramped up to 24hr production and when I was in Coles and Woolworths in Queanbeyan yesterday the shelves were empty. Other products were also gone. This tells us that despite the best capabilities of manufacturers and reduced customer allocation they are not able to keep up with supply.
    Think what will happen when we go into full lockdown in two weeks time. I encourage everyone to be prepared now as Australian society won’t cope well with this situation. Especially in the early stages. You might not like it but it is what is happening now.

Stay safe people.

20. tas stacker

Moving during a apocalypse anyway,
    As far as DJT go's we are just waiting out the clock on this presidency ,at this point the criminal handing of the covid 19 crisis by the trump gop is going to possibly crush the Republican party