How is everyone?

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by SilverSanchez, Jul 9, 2012.

1. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Its been a fun ride so far,

all the commentary I am listening to and reading are saying the U.S Autumn is going to be fun

After buying all the shares I can in my selected companies im now working on accumulating physical silver

I may not have much cash left - but im expecting my return on every dollar is going to be better than the bank return

This time since november 11 has been really hard for all of us - buying value has always been my aim

I want people to consider platinum - some companies have been going under and supply disruption is still happening in South Africa.

Consider this - if the economy recovers - more platinum/paladium is required for manufacturing
    If the economy does not recover - gold will drag platinum higher anyway

Just have a think about it if you have never considered Platinum before - as per usual use your own money at your own risk

Other than that - how is everyone else doing, whats everyone feeling?

2. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Currently I'm only holding two stocks - GOR and WRG. WRG is unfortunately being murdered at the moment, but I will ride this one out to the bitter end (ie: $0) if necessary, and will be adding extra WRG stock over the next couple of weeks (either via the Rights Issue to shareholders at $0.025, or normally at a cheaper price), which will be my LAST cash infusion into WRG. They still look good to me, fingered crossed, that some upcoming projects get signed.

As for GOR, I've had buy orders at $0.16 & $0.15 sitting unfilled for a couple of weeks now. I'll just keep buying GOR...

Unfortunately, need to pay the tax man a lot of money this year, which will be soon.

I like the idea of buying platinum platypus, just haven't got the money. Not keen on platinum shares, quite risky at the moment it seems.

3. SilverSanchez

Thanx Black_Sun - i seriously feel so much better now ;)

Have you ever considered not buying anymore WRG?

4. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Yes, but I am happy to infuse one last pile of money in. Even if I wasn't a shareholder, I would really want for them to succeed. The world needs this kind of technology and nothing is more vital than water. I knew it was a risk from day 1, but this is one risk I feel I must take. My total investment at the moment is about $27000, average share price = $0.073. After I get some extra shares, the total amount will be less than $35,000. It won't kill me if it goes to $0. It will be painful. But I had to try and support a company which I believe in. If it goes to $0, then I won't be trying any more ventures like this one... but at least I tried (on one occasion). Hopefully there'll be good news soon... but I can wait...

5. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Okay i guess... still accumulating pm's and cash. No shares for me yet, personally expecting some more downside

6. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Accumulating fiat... trying to make it to a 3mo buffer (physical fiat). Will go long on snakes, am sensing a run up to $35ish and then cascade down to $20 October sometime. That's my game plan stupid or no. Oh and trying to work on physical fitness, a very worthwhile investment IMHO

7. amgyoubb

amgyoubb New Member

I agree with your sentiment ..I just have some concerns about your execution...the trouble with a serious financial event is that ALL shares are marked down pretty well no matter what intrinsic value they may have for the future...

so if we agree that a mining company may have hard assets in the ground that will / are increasing in value ..the mere fact that there is a wider financial problem makes a direct valuation hard to mark the assets to market.

Whilst platinum and Palladium are in short supply a downturn will not adversely effect supply in fact you could argue that these industrial metals may fall in value.. until there is a pick up in demand. so again a better buying opportunity may be available.

if you think that a hard fall is in our future and you want to take advantage it may pay to have some powder dry ( cash) ready to take advantage..holding this in silver is possibly OK but for the moment in Australia I don't see us moving to a gold based monetary system any time soon...so I think silver is a currency play with a tinge of inflation insurance.

8. Prior

Prior Member Silver Stacker

Stopped speculating with stocks and stuck to the slow end of town. PMs gave me enough volatility. Trading between telcos and banks is giving me better results than I expected so can't complain ;). Looking to dip into property towards the end of the year.

Each to there own.

9. Nukz

Nukz New Member

TLS has got to be the darling of the market yesterday hit something like a 5 year high then today up another 1.5%.

Made a 38% YoY return and on top of that a 7% div. In this market it aint to bad.

I'm also watching GOR though for a entry point

10. SilverSanchez

It will bounce back to a fairer value faster than other things - so in my mind the downside is hedged by real value

11. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

Aussie banks have been more stable than silver.

[​IMG]

12. SilverSanchez

Yeah they have, but Im not interested in stability - im interested in value (and a certain type of value at that)

Pull up the 10 year chart for banks vs silver bullion

13. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Telstra - all the professional commentary is so consensual. It's as if there is an agreement that Telstra and a few health stocks are to be our version of bonds. Some day they're going to flick the switch and it will be bailing out of Telstra and cash where the money's just safely parked and into riskier stuff with growth potential.

For anyone interested, the Skaffold system has Telstra rated as a B3 stock that is 32% overvalued at yesterday's close against FY12 earnings.

The daily chart could be showing early signs of momentum and volume weakness too, despite today's and yesterday's breakout prices

14. SilverSanchez

If there is one thing ive learnt from looking at the history of companies and markets - the herd can make heroes of anything including telstra - and it doesnt have to be short term.

For all we know Telstra could have just started a 10 year bull market right in front of our eyes.

One of the nest books I ever got was James Dines "Mass Psychology"

15. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Having worked for the company I can say stay away! It is one of the most incompetent, wasteful, inefficient companies I have come across. If not gifted with near monopolistic history it would have been bankrupted many times over. JMHO

16. GoldenEgg

GoldenEgg Member

Eh i dunno , platinum crashed pretty hard back in 08/09 when the economy was bad....