Hot Tip's, Watch List's, whats Hot and whatnot.

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by southerncross, Jun 10, 2016.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thought this thread might be used to amalgamate a lot of the discussion taking place on a number of different threads at the moment and let us discuss and share who thinks what and the different stocks we are watching and why. Ask questions, diss each other or the stock, post charts, exchange strategy's, a general discussion thread for Stocks.

The Juniors seem to be having a decent run finally in the precious metals market and lithium is either in a bubble or is about to lift off big time. There is a whole wealth of knowledge and experiences to be had here on SS and a few newer and younger members getting into the market for the first time.

I used to be of the mind that anyone who traded in numbers on a screen and thought outside the square of only holding physical PM's, needed to be dragged out into the nearest paddock and being mercifully put down. I was wrong, it took me a while to overcome my prejudice, but thanks to a lot of clued in people here on SS, and by losing a lot of money due to my ignorance I finally saw the light.... and some $ sign's as well.

So let's all help each other out*. :)

(*) This is not investment advice, this is just discussion and any decision YOU make is yours and yours alone, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH .

2. southerncross

My current watch list lifted from Hot Copper, I only hold BGS and PSC at the moment but am looking at getting back into PIO and also watching CNJ and SAS closely. I am currently liking Gold and Lithium, Preferably a combination of the two hence the BGS and PSC holdings. I see Lithium having a big future, but as some have correctly said, if the economy has another crash lithium will suffer, but Gold will rise in such a circumstance.
    People have been liking Silver recently and saying there is a fundamental under supply, I've been waiting on that for a good few years now, Silver was $50 an Oz U.S not so long ago Well in 2011 really and it was apparently under supplied back then too. Will we see that again in the next five years ?

ADV
    4.1 7.89%

ARM
    4.8 -2.04%

AVL
    1.1 -8.33%

AWV
    14.0 -3.45%

AZS
    3.6 2.86%

BAR
    5.9 -10.61%

BGS
    30.0 -3.23%

BPL
    11.0 10.00%

CNJ
    4.5 0.00%

CXO
    2.6 -3.70%

DKO
    13.5 3.85%

MCT
    8.3 7.79%

MTH
    0.7 16.67%

OKU
    19.0 -5.00%

PIO
    4.3 22.86%

PSC
    2.3 -4.17%

QUR
    2.6 0.00%

SAS
    2.7 3.85%

TKL
    2.3 0.00%

TMX
    0.9 0.00%

3. kramer

kramer Member

i'm looking for an entry into uranium. BKY or BOE i think. weighing them up. interestingly i'm holding 7 of those listed above!

4. southerncross

Uranium huh ? My money is on Lithium for now in the energy sector, It's clean an green donch ya know :) .

Just for interest's sake here is the result of my Bro inlaw investing $2040 starting on the 20/04/16, Currently holding BGS and PSC but along the way bought DKO and PIO, 8 trades over a month or so for $160 odd in brokerage. He gave me his money to play with after watching what BGS had done over the last few months and had some spare cash sitting in the safe he wanted to lose, so I helped him open a comsec account. I am now his broker and My reward will be a nice bottle of Port bought back from Spain in the next month while he is on holidays in Europe from his fish farming job.

Reads from bottom to top.

Subtotal 4,987.02 74.91 1.52 -185.76

19/05/2016 B BGS 10,209 0.330 19.95 3,388.92

19/05/2016 S PIO 48,699 0.070 19.95 3,388.98

16/05/2016 B PSC 83,666 0.018 19.95 1,525.94

16/05/2016 S PIO 23,800 0.065 19.95 1,527.05

9/05/2016 B PIO 39,166 0.030 19.95 1,194.93

09/05/2016 S DKO 5,405 0.225 19.95 1,196.18

26/04/2016 B PIO 33,333 0.030 19.95 1,019.94

20/04/2016 B DKO 5,405 0.185 19.95 1,019.88

5. kramer

kramer Member

awesome result there southerncross!

i've taken more of a scattergun approach, spread over many stocks. some up, some down (xtv smashed me, still holding). overall portfolio is up about 12% since march.

sold half my PIO thursday *facepalm* too impatient sometimes and didn't lock in gains but i bought into it at 2.2c. Sold ARM@5c too.

6. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you like uranium and gold BRI on the TSX is great. It is an excellent gold producer with the option/rights to mine the richest uranium deposit in world.

7. Skyrocket

^ I bought BRI less then two weeks ago at $1.47 and it's now at $1.98

8. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Famous last words - BYR (0.03) will add 80% + to SP within 12 weeks.

9. southerncross

Some nice visual results there M8 :) and still a couple of weeks till full assay results huh ?

Still liking PSC and CNJ for this week, also looking at some Graphene stocks as well on the tech side. Should of got back in PIO last week but it might have a hiccup yet.

Good Luck people. :D

10. kramer

kramer Member

graphene, my research is pointing to PAK / FGR / FGROB / NFE.

uranium plays AEE / AEEOA / BKY / BOE.

thanks skyrocket, i'm only playing in ASX but i like BRI on the TSX.

all just my thoughts..

11. Skyrocket

I bought BRI at $1.47 two weeks ago and it just closed at $2.24 up from $1.98 on Friday close. At this rate I will double my money by end of this week. Doubling your money in this short of time is something you expect from a penny mining stock, not a quality mining stock.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/bri

Nup, looks like you missed the boat! ;)

12. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bought GPX today at 34c - only 51M shares on register - MoU's signed with Chinese - offtake arrangements look very feasible after permissions through - have a look... www.graphexmining.com.au

13. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Long time holder/sufferer (?), but this is possibly the mover mate.

It's quite the gold project and we are not even at the beginning. First samples from kicking a few rocks at Douze Match look quite positive I'm sure you'd agree, but haven't even scraped the surface of tenements they hold within the area.

To be fair, it's the DRC but those adverse to Sovereign risk (which holds the SP down at present) will see a reward. At the end of the day Burey Gold have zero interest in mining it, it's (their close neighbour) Rangold's for the taking. ;)

BYR $0.031

14. southerncross

Reminds me a tad of BGS when old M8 first recommended it to us.
    Look's like it could could get a nice rise short term, but to be honest I think what people need to be looking at is company's that are near to, or about to become producers,
    have an off take agreement or are poised to become in demand at low cost shortly.
    OR have a deposit that is about to create value in the ground over and above it's current competitors in a scarce commodity.

I am not dissing BYR at all as the current results look excellent ,
    but just as an example BGS had a sort of similar result that I sat on for four years and they are still not mining the gold they have.
    Nor do they respond based upon the gold price.

Come to think of it, VRS got me hooked on a stock based on gold and then I had to convince him that Lithium was a good investment.
    Oi you Buggy riding pommy neuvo Lithium and Graphene lover. You owe me a drink!

15. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

I've only got ORE outside the shares that I get from work. I note that they have been listed in the asx200.
    Any ideas what this will mean for the stock? Is it a good thing that it is likely to be traded more? is it likely to be more or less volatile as a result?

16. VRS

Offloaded the last of my XPE and topped up on GPX.

That's 2 tranches of GPX now - bought yesterday at 34c, topped up today at 43c.

17. VRS

How much did you acquire the ORE stock for?

Current price is $4.72

If you're sitting on a paper profit have a think about:

a. Selling some this tax year to lock in gains
    b. Sell some after July 1st to spread the CGT liability

If you've held them for a year or more you'll be eligible for a 50% CGT discount on any gain.

As far as ASX200 inclusion - ORE has slipped in there so any resource specific funds and ASX200 tracker funds will be obliged to buy the stock - it's a useful bit of support which depends on the performance of the company and its sp.

18. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Nah mate, dis away. It was in the rules of the thread. :)

Constructive comments always welcome, thanks for taking a look and sharing your thoughts.

19. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Thanks VRS. Got ORE for $3.15 unfortunately. Was going to buy them for $1.70ish last year but didn't pull my finger out.
    I don't want any more profit this tax year as I sold a house. Will hold off until next tax year.
    I know some here don't like brine but I like this company.

Currently reading Valueable by Roger Montgomery and liking it a lot.
    Anyone else read it?

20. VRS

That's a very respectable result mate - so I take it you bought them this year - if you can afford to hang on until 12 mths down the line though you'll halve your CGT bill, so remember don't let the tax tail wag the dog.

The eofy may see some selling as people crystallise gains, but don't forget the federal election shortly after may give a boost to equity markets (assuming Brexit doesn't stuff us all - but Greece didn't so I don't see why that should at least in the short term - we may get a few wobbles along the way...)