Hong Kong and Hong Kongs Future

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by mrsilverservice, Jul 2, 2019.

1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

prisons cells had been prepared for these rioters, when they go in, that would be their permanent home stay ;)

2. alor

3. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One thing for sure, the separatist movement be crushed and the end of Hong Kong’s special administrative zone will come to an end soon.

66rounds likes this.
  4. alor

5. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Beijing muscle flex.......................................................

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/cathay-pacific-ceo-suddenly-resigns-20190816-p52i02.html

Cathay Pacific CEO suddenly resigns
    Kirsty Needham
    August 16, 2019 — 8.29pm

The chief executive of Hong Kong airline Cathay Pacific Rupert Hogg has suddenly resigned a week after the company was threatened by Beijing with a safety ban over staff who had participated in democracy
    protests.

The news on Friday evening that Hogg had resigned was broken by Chinese state television broadcaster CCTV. Cathay Pacific released a statement to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange saying Mr Hogg and another
    senior executive “resigned to take responsibility as a leader of the company in view of recent events”.

[​IMG]
    CEO of Hong Kong airline Cathay Pacific Rupert Hogg has suddenly resigned a week after the company was threatened by Beijing over staff who participated in democracy protests.Credit:paul Yeung/Bloomberg

Mainland Chinese propaganda has ramped up nationalist attacks on multinational companies perceived as supporting the Hong Kong protesters, but the attack on Cathay Pacific was more serious.

In recent days Cathay Pacific had moved to sack two pilots and two ground staff who had been involved in democracy protests, after the Chinese aviation regulator issued a safety warning and demanded the airline provided details of all staff flying over Chinese air space.

Merlin Swire, the chairman of Cathay Pacific’s major shareholder Swire Pacific, visited Beijing this week to meet with the Civil Aviation Administration of China, amid reports an empty Cathay Pacific flight was denied entry to Chinese airspace on Monday.

Swire is one of Hong Kong’s oldest British trading houses. It also
    owns a prominent shopping centre, Taikoo Li, in Beijing.

A fifth of Cathay Pacific’s seat capacity is in flights in mainland China. Cathay Pacific had last month said publicly it wouldn’t tell its staff what to think, when asked about the democracy protests, after reports cabin crew had repeated the protesters' slogan “Hong Kong add oil” on the intercom and told passengers not to worry about the presence of protesters when they arrived in Hong Kong.

A Cathay Pacific pilot was among 40 people charged with “rioting” on July 28 as police stepped up a crackdown on protests. A female cabin crew member of an unidentified airline was among those arrested last Sunday.

In an email last week Hogg had warned staff they faced the sack if they took part in illegal activities or unauthorised protests. The airline had cancelled multiple flights as staff took part in a citywide general strike last month.

Beijing has labelled the protests as “close to terrorism”.

The undisguised political attack by Beijing on Cathay Pacific appears to have rattled other major companies. Several Hong Kong tycoons have taken out newspaper advertisements this week to state their support for Carrie Lam’ government.

Hong Kong’s richest man, Li Kashing, whose family has business interests on the mainland, but who has distanced himself from the communist party in recent years, published a more cryptic
    advertisement on Friday calling for an end to violence and warning the public of unintended consequences.

Cathay Pacific’s second largest shareholder is Air China, a Chinese state carrier.

Cathay Pacific chairman John Slosar said "recent events have called into question Cathay Pacific’s commitment to flight safety and security and put our reputation and brand under pressure. This is regrettable as we have always made safety and security our highest priority.”

6. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

They will have as much choice as unarmed slaves when it comes down to it. They surrendered any rights they thought they had long ago when they were disarmed. Good job people. Your ancestors will thank you.

7. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A lot of the HK residents fled China when the communist took over. Apparently, they didn't flee far enough.

mrsilverservice likes this.
  8. mrsilverservice

mrsilverservice Well-Known Member

Welcome to Hong Kong :confused:

The Chinese governments Orwellian social credit score is really ramping up in mainland China o_O and will no doubt be rolled out in Hong Kong if they have their way.

The government is boasting that in the month of July alone it stopped 90k people from using the high speed rail and another 2.5m people from buying plane tickets,these people are referred to as "discredited entities"

Your credit score is affected by things like -

# Buying too much junk food

# Phoning or having a friend online who has a low credit score

# Criticizing the government

and there is many many more infractions :confused:

The surveillance of the Chinese people must be enormous o_O

In my opinion Hong Kong (and Taiwan) is about pride and taking Australia is about profit e.g. Coal - Iron Ore - Uranium.

Make no mistake about it,the Chinese government intends to take Australia and it is well under way from influencing our governments,to being inside our Universities and even on our streets.

But saying that I wouldn't worry too much about it because in my opinion time will not allow it :)

Source - Infowars.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

The Book of Psalms Chapter 94 verse 2

Rise up,O Judge of the earth,render punishment to the proud :D

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    leo25 likes this.
  9. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hong Kong police torture a patient in hospital.

10. alor

11. alor

12. alor

13. mrsilverservice

I was in Hong Kong in 1980 and book I was reading at the time was Midnight Express :confused: if I was in Turkey instead I think I would have chosen another book :D

Sadly Hong Kongs future is far from resolved and what is going to happen next only Gods know :D

One thing I do know is that there is plenty of Christians in Hong Kong praying their collective heads off and I am 100% sure Gods is answering their prayers :)

God continue to bless Hong Kong :D

-

-

-

-

The Book of Psalms Chapter 121 verse 1

I will lift up my eyes to the hills from where comes my help,my help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth :)

14. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hopefully as you say but I don't see a future for HK under the existing political system. Never mind about the what the msm writes or what people are saying, there's a reason why so many PRCs are in Singapore and Australia. They are even considering moving to Malaysia which is a less developed country. They won't talk about it openly though.

66rounds and mrsilverservice like this.
  15. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

The Chinese people are ok.
    The Chinese politicians are gangsters.

sgbuyer and 66rounds like this.
  16. mrsilverservice

The Chief Executive of Hong Kong Carrie Lam has just confirmed that "she" (China) has withdraw the extradition policy exporting people who have been charged of a crime to China.

The credit must be shared with Donald Trump and some of the people of Hong Kong.

They reckon that Potus said to China if you want to seriously talk about trade tariffs then withdraw your extradition policy :confused:

-

-

-

-

The Book of Psalms Chapter 126 verse 5

Those who sows in tears shall reap in joy :)

17. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just read same.

Remember, "Success has many fathers, whilst failure is an orphan"

Everyone will claim this but lets just be happy, the PRC / HK Govt have backed down............well at least for now. Beijing will circle back with something one day.

66rounds likes this.
  18. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I predict an increase in "disappearances" of those who extradition would have applied to anyway

Shaddam IV likes this.
  19. alor

they can set aside 80,000 prisons cells
    and the keys are to be used once, then melted
    suitable for retiring in a confined space

66rounds likes this.
  20. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In 2047 it will lose its special status

66rounds likes this.