Holy Carp!! - time to hunker Down?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Drag0nHart, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

I only ever bet over a few hours,hardly ever hold overnite.
    Today ,seeing the PMs had gone up overnight,I thought PM shares would too:at least not fall.
    Noticed that ccu had an announcement,scanned,waited til opening price to settle ,bought at .57 at 10.05amand sold at 10.48 amat .585.
    Made $200.

No time for shtf.
    Will wait days before next good opportunity bet

I f the dow and PMs go up overnight,why not have a quick bet on the ASX PM shares.

I have physical also.:cool:

2. spets1

spets1 New Member

This is why knowing your exit strategy from silver is very important.

3. tthace

tthace New Member

i bought in ccu at 0.58. its flying into 0.61 now.

4. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

Well apparently it's true that mine supply has gone up some what but I think silver supply is not as elastic as you think. A lot was supplied from government coffers in previous years and that has pretty much gone now. I also believe there's two components to China becoming a net importer of silver rather than an exporter. Both government and private investment demand as well as an increasing high tech manufacturing base in china supply new demand in china, india and the like.

5. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm not so sure of that. There are, I am told very few "silver" mines. It is mostly collected as a byproduct of other metal mines. No-one is going to ramp up the output a lead mine in order to get a relatively tiny amount of byproduct silver. They will only ramp up output of that mine if demand for lead rises.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Absolutely.

If people want to dabble in the ETF market, that's their business.

For me it's physical or nothing, I have no faith in ETFs what so ever.

7. SparkySilver

SparkySilver New Member

What I see... and this is just my view.
    The ETF's were created for the big influx of people that want to get in to the futures market. With all of the baby boomers money... mostly tied up in 401K's and retirement accounts they can now trade the commodities/futures market with the ETF's. The question you need to ask is... Who benefits from the EFT's? These were started by asset managers and bankers, and pushed as a way to create MORE income via investing... more fees! GREED!

Quote from; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchange-traded_fund
    "Commodity ETFs invest in commodities, such as precious metals and futures. Among the first commodity ETFs were gold exchange-traded funds, which have been offered in a number of countries. The idea of a Gold ETF was first officially conceptualized by Benchmark Asset Management Company Private Ltd in India when they filed a proposal with the SEBI in May 2002.[23] The first gold exchange-traded fund was Gold Bullion Securities launched on the ASX in 2003, and the first silver exchange-traded fund was iShares Silver Trust launched on the NYSE in 2006. As of November 2010 a commodity ETF, namely SPDR Gold Shares, was the second-largest ETF by market capitalization.

The earliest commodity ETFs (e.g. GLD and SLV) actually owned the physical commodity (e.g. gold and silver bars). Similar to these are NYSE: PALL (palladium) and NYSE: PPLT (platinum)."

So where is the "actually owned the physical commodity (e.g. gold and silver bars)"

With stocks... the actual company makes the "market". The company uses the market to create capitol for expansion and growth.

With the ETFs... the SEC allowed these funds to start because the asset managers and bankers actually owned the physical commodity (e.g. gold and silver bars). So this is where the market manipulation starts... when enough assets don't exist to back the sale of the ETF. Again BANKER control/GREED. I want to be a Banker. :D

... theirs more... here in the US the advertising for ETFs has EXPLODED. I see commercials several times each day boasting about how many ETFs are now available. So the only one that "wins" is the asset managers and bankers, and they are smiling all the way to their Swiss bank account. These banks that were almost bankrupt back in 2008... and the US bailed out... are now posting record profits and the executives taking GIANT bonuses. MORE GREED!

Where does it STOP?
    I wonder what the bank and asset managers are holding? Surely there not holding US fiat or paper gold and silver. :|
    They have to see what is going on...
    Bottom line is just greed, in a grand scale...

8. SparkySilver

SparkySilver New Member

EXACTLY? :)

9. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://www.silver-coin-investor.com/silver-supply.html

"silver production cannot be increased without much disruption to other mining activities. That would mean substantial overproduction of copper, lead, and zinc. "

"if only one half of one percent of gold owners decided to switch into silver, that would represent 100% of the silver market cap."

10. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Aren't Eagles legislated to be only produced from metal mined on (in?) US soil?

11. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Yes.