Hi there

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Silvester, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Silvester

Silvester Member

G'day.

I've been hanging around this forum so long I feel like I know most of the regular posters! I've learned a lot over the months from this forum, and it has given me inspiration to restart my meagre stack, which I actually started fifteen odd years ago. (and most of them were quite odd...:/)

Haven't purchased for a few years, and was amazed to see how far the POS had gone in my absence. In the last couple of months I've been splurging the food money on eagles, maples, 1oz bars, 2oz kookas and tigers, a couple of philharmonics and just one 10 oz PM bar. Maybe another one this week... or maybe I'll eat instead...

I have heaps of pre decimal silver from my last foray into mainly numismatic collecting, bags of threepences, sixpences, shillings and florins etc from weekend markets etc and plenty of RAM and PM mid '90's releases.

Not completely sure why I'm doing it, I'll work that out later. In the meantime I'll just keep stacking the shiny stuff. Can't help it. Just like it. A lot.

Anyway, I probably won't say much, just listen and learn. Might ask a dumb question every now and then.

See ya.

2. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Welcome Silverster,

Pics of some of your Numismatics would provide some
    amusmatics for the members !

:)

3. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Hello Silvester (I like that !)

4. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

Welcome Silverster.

I've started into the Aussie pre decimal recently to diversify my stack. Have some threepences. Maybe next month look at getting some florins.

5. Silvester

Silvester Member

I used to have antique dealers at the markets who would put aside bags of old silver coins for me. They didn't even bother looking through them. They thought I was crazy for wanting all that worn out old stuff. I ended up with some nice coins that way - 1910 sixpence, shilling and florin all in very good nick. Masses of pre 1946 silver in nice condition. Also a lot of bullion only worn flat coinage. I've carted it all around with me for years - hopefully for some good reason...

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Bloody lovely. Would love to see piccies of that stock :)

Welcome aboard Silvester, I absolutely love your Avatar as well. Two big thumbs up for such a clever and cute photo shop effort! ;)

7. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

hey silvester

8. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

Welcome Silvester.